Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 12:57 AM

Re: To Make You Smile?

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
He will answer that because it is the truth. No one in the leave camp ever stated that it would happen. All they said was that it "could" happen. Big difference there my friend.
Oh absolutely. Striking example of how politicians get from under their promises.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 01:12 AM

I have bad news for you mate. Trade deal or not the UK won't be the sinking ship all the gloomsters are predicting. After the transition ends the UK will have all that lovely money to spend on what we choose instead of filling the EU coffers.
Not on what you chose to, on what boris promised/planned what to spent it on. No! wait:

Boris Johnson's Brexit plans will cost UK economy up to £20bn a year, report warns https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9230351.html

The contribution to the EU is 11 bn, netto. Boris' plans amount tp 20 bn. The choice you have is which plan to scrap spent no money on.

In line with the topic title of this thread, this will make you smile: https://youtu.be/OOaK7oE8TyQ
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Oh absolutely. Striking example of how politicians get from under their promises.
Can you provide a link where Johnson promised to cut VAT on energy bills?
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Not on what you chose to, on what boris promised/planned what to spent it on. No! wait:

Boris Johnson's Brexit plans will cost UK economy up to £20bn a year, report warns https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9230351.html

The contribution to the EU is 11 bn, netto. Boris' plans amount tp 20 bn. The choice you have is which plan to scrap spent no money on.

In line with the topic title of this thread, this will make you smile: https://youtu.be/OOaK7oE8TyQ
The Independent is a remain newspaper. So is The Guardian. Channel 4 news is also heavily biased towards remain. Same with the Mirror. The BBC hasn't reported a positive story on Brexit for at least 4 years, if ever. So any of those organisations reporting anything negative on Brexit has to be taken with a pinch of salt. Like the EU, and many others here in the UK, they still haven't accepted the referendum result.

Tell me, do you know how much more the Dutch and the Germans will have to pay now the UK has left and there is a big hole in your finances. Are you happy your taxes will rise?

Meanwhile in other news, our Government has announced a £2 billion scheme to help young people. Yesterday it was announced there would be £2 billion to make British homes more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 08:58 AM

The Independent is a remain newspaper. So is The Guardian. Channel 4 news is also heavily biased towards remain. Same with the Mirror. The BBC hasn't reported a positive story on Brexit for at least 4 years, if ever. So any of those organisations reporting anything negative on Brexit has to be taken with a pinch of salt. Like the EU, and many others here in the UK, they still haven't accepted the referendum result.

Tell me, do you know how much more the Dutch and the Germans will have to pay now the UK has left and there is a big hole in your finances. Are you happy your taxes will rise?

Meanwhile in other news, our Government has announced a £2 billion scheme to help young people. Yesterday it was announced there would be £2 billion to make British homes more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly.
Good morning Takahashi,

you did not ask me and I hope you do not mind me answering. I think some numbers concerning Germany's higher contribution to the EU budget were published recently. Of course nobody will be happy in case the taxes were rising, but that is not yet decided.

The additional amount of higher EU contribution will not leave a "big hole" in Dutch and/or German finances. But yet I doubt that Britans will be liked more by Germans than before...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 10:38 AM

Hi

Our Net Contribution, shared amongst the remaining 27 EU States is not a huge amount.

The EU will not going bankrupt.

They will be collecting more tax if Services are not included, which under a WTO Trade Deal, do not have to be.

We will not know what will happen for sometime.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
A quick look at the postings in the "Pro Brexit" Forum and the "Against Brexit" forum, on this Over 50s Forum (Above) can be quite amusing.

The comments, from all those years ago, even before Brexit was voted for, with the predicted outcomes and the suggested lie telling, are particularly interesting.

I wonder how many of those posters (which include myself) still think the same way.

Good Therapy, reading it!

I don't know what these forums are, I've never looked, I thought everyone here was "Pro" except our friend from Nederlands of course. I didn't vote Leave, not because I didn't want to leave, I just didn't like the way it was handled. Anyway, now we are leaving/left, I'm happy with the situation.
Takahashi
United Kingdom

08-07-2020, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Our Net Contribution, shared amongst the remaining 27 EU States is not a huge amount.

The EU will not going bankrupt.

They will be collecting more tax if Services are not included, which under a WTO Trade Deal, do not have to be.

We will not know what will happen for sometime.
Not a huge amount? Are you serious? The UK is/was the third largest contributor to the EU and you think that loss in revenue is not that serious for them?
This is what the FT reported:

"The EU needs to settle a new*budget*before the end of the year but talks have*laid bare rifts over how to fill the €60bn-€75bn funding gap created by Brexit".

https://www.ft.com/content/c3e2ef6e-...1-482eed0038b1
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

08-07-2020, 01:32 PM

Yes, that is a problem with british newspapers. But both the independent and guardian have not only accepted the referendum result, but as well that you have left the EU.

I did a little calculation, it is not absolute but gives an indication of the magnitude of the problem the missing british contribution causes.
The net contribution of the UK is £ 11bn/year. To fund that each of the 450 mln EU residents has to provide £24 per year. That is 2 pound every month. As angela merkel once said: wir schaffen das!

Even if you take into account children don't pay, and you halve the paying population, and therefore double the monthly amount, don't you think that £4 per month to equal the money the UK took out of the annual budget, is a price most europeans can pay?

After we have heard how much you hate us many are gladly willing to pay. You must realise the british didn't make themselves popular with their brexit emotions.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

08-07-2020, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I don't know what these forums are, I've never looked, I thought everyone here was "Pro" except our friend from Nederlands of course. I didn't vote Leave, not because I didn't want to leave, I just didn't like the way it was handled. Anyway, now we are leaving/left, I'm happy with the situation.
I have been around here for almost 2 years. In the beginning the numbers of remainers and leavers was 50/50 (). The leavers however in their language are what 7773911 described as hateful. Takahashi denied that, and I think 7779311 was thinking about hässlich, what in english would be ugly or even repulsive.
Over time the verbal shouting drove away many a remainer. The lies drove away some eloquent debaters as banchory and gascony.
I'm just too stubborn to let bullies win.
In the above I do exclude swimfeeders, who always stays polite even when he sound annoyed.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top