Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 07:17 PM

Re: Firm with links to Gove and Cummings given Covid-19 contract without open tender

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ut-open-tender

Research company owned by associates of senior Tory and PM’s adviser gets £840,000 job

The full article is more illuminating about the "fiddle" .....

It may on only be £840,000, small potatoes when compared to the Chancellor's £190,000,000, but nepotism stinks .....
Proof? I really see none of even suspicion let alone any evidence.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 07:19 PM

Re: Firm with links to Gove and Cummings given Covid-19 contract without open tender

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm struggling to understand the link???
Just that consultancy costs big bucks.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 07:41 PM

I'm struggling to understand the link???
Which link ..... ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Just that consultancy costs big bucks.

I don't know when you did this work but they were meant to be cracking down on big bucks consultancy. Clearly that has gone out of the window using covid as a decoy. It seems they have a blank cheque and no contract governance.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Which link ..... ?
The missing link!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

19-07-2020, 07:51 PM

Proof? I really see none of even suspicion let alone any evidence.
Where's your proof that all the procurement boxes were ticked?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

19-07-2020, 08:25 PM

Where's your proof that all the procurement boxes were ticked?
Why should they be? When there are extraordinary situations to be addressed and time is of the essence all that really matters is getting things done as quickly as possible.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

19-07-2020, 08:33 PM

I don't know when you did this work but they were meant to be cracking down on big bucks consultancy. Clearly that has gone out of the window using covid as a decoy. It seems they have a blank cheque and no contract governance.
I'm not going to spell out what my fees were for consultancy in the period after I retired in 2000 partially because you wouldn't believe me but £840k is absolutely NOT big bucks.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

19-07-2020, 09:32 PM

I'm not going to spell out what my fees were for consultancy in the period after I retired in 2000 partially because you wouldn't believe me but £840k is absolutely NOT big bucks.
I would believe you but it should not be happening with government contracts in 2020! The gravy train should have stopped in 2008.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

19-07-2020, 09:37 PM

Why should they be? When there are extraordinary situations to be addressed and time is of the essence all that really matters is getting things done as quickly as possible.
What extraordinary circumstances dictate that the taxpayers should pay 840k for knitting circles... Sorry "focus groups" to meet around the country?! Why should that not be scrutinised via the correct channels?! I can understand PPE , clinical , hospitals , public health expertise but this knitting circle fluffy gravy train expenditure is not the way covid funds should be used particularly by matey's mates.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top