Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 02:51 PM

Daisies & Sunflowers

How's this for my lovely Shasta Daisy?
Chuffed to bits with it this year I am.

My 'Earth Walker' Sunflower - I used to grow these for my Mum, so they will always remind me of her.

Some of my Carnivorous plants I enjoy too -

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 02:53 PM

Re: Daisies & Sunflowers

Beautiful plants Mups, you certainly have green fingers!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 06:14 PM

Lovely plant photo's, Mups & I've never seen that particular daisy before, it's very pretty.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 08:38 PM

Beautiful Mups I love daisies
Shasta daisies remind me of Bichon Frise
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 10:03 PM

Oooo super flowers Mups!

Must add daisy's to my list
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 10:49 PM

Where did you buy your Shasta Daisy from, Mups?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Beautiful Mups I love daisies
Shasta daisies remind me of Bichon Frise

Hah, yes I know exactly what you mean, Meg.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-07-2020, 11:45 PM

Thanks for the nice comments fellow gardeners.

Mags, I am not sure now, but I think I had a packet of ordinary Shasta Daisy seeds and sowed just half a dozen, then as they grew, this one came up different, I think it was just an odd rogue seed in the packet.
I gave the others away and kept this 'shaggy' looking one and am so glad I did.

It got so big at one point, I looked it up to see if I could divide the clump. They are getting on for 3ft high as well as a huge spread as well.
Anyway, you can divide them, and early spring last year I lifted the clump and cut it in half. The new clump is growing like jiminy now as well.

This evening I cut about 15 - 20 stems for my friend, and you can't even see where I cut them from, it is so prolific.

There is the ordinary smooth petalled shasta daisies, but this 'shaggy petalled' one is called a Leucanthemum Superbum - (yes it made me smile too ), and I have found Thompsom & Morgan have them.
Apparently some branches of Waitrose will be having them in Autumn too.
Here is T & M's link page:

https://www.thompson-morgan.com/p/sh...iABEgK2ZfD_BwE

(Incidentally, this is why I used to joke with Dongle about my Superbum, as he said he has one too, so we weren't really being as rude as it sounded.)

My garden is only small here, so when I ran out of flower bed space to plant, I started putting things in tubs and pots as well.
Last night I had a count up and I now have 60 tubs and pots, and 48 houseplants!!

I think I've got a bit carried away.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 09:17 PM

You really do have a Superbum Mups (which comes as no surprise) but alas I think mine is something slightly different, I will get a close up pic tomorrow.

Seriously though, they are all spectacular.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

20-07-2020, 09:44 PM

Mups, how on earth did they come up with the name of Superbum for a beautiful daisy like that?

Is yours growing in the ground or in a pot? My garden is small and I was wondering if it would be too big for it. I really like it though!

60 tubs and pots! It's a wonder the dogs have space to move around in your garden!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top