Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

20-07-2020, 03:05 PM

Oxford University's vaccine looks promising

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53469839

I hope it is as good as it appears to be.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 03:09 PM

Re: Oxford University's vaccine looks promising

That's excellent news. I heard on the radio this morning that Boris had agreed to buy 60million doses of this vaccine from AstraZeneca + another 90million doses from somewhere else.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 03:10 PM

Looks as though they are on track to launch by oct/nov which might mean normality by the new year Fingers crossed! 😊
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 03:14 PM

Whilst it's great news ... I'll let everyone else test it first, as you never know.

The search for an effective treatment is just as worthy .. with drugs that have already proven safe but which might help improve a covid patients chances of recovery.

Either way, I suspect covid-19 is going to be with us for quite some time and a great many people, vulnerable people, are relying on a vaccine, so best of luck to the brains in the labs. (Incidentally, I mean the brainy boffins there, not any specimens in jars on the shelf).
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 03:26 PM

One thing is certain sure, even with a 100% safe and a 100% effective vaccine we will have to discover a new normal. It is going to take years for it to emerge.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 03:28 PM

I agree and I could be melodramatic here but I don't think things will ever seem the same .... certainly not regarding going to the shops and wanting to stand in your own space.

Anyone ever coughs or sneezes now and I'm gone.

I really can't understand the mindset of these people who've already dashed off to Spain for a holiday.
They really must think they're immune or just not care.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I agree and I could be melodramatic here but I don't think things will ever seem the same .... certainly not regarding going to the shops and wanting to stand in your own space.

Anyone ever coughs or sneezes now and I'm gone.

I really can't understand the mindset of these people who've already dashed off to Spain for a holiday.
They really must think they're immune or just not care.
I think it's that they just can't be arsed, Morty.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

20-07-2020, 03:37 PM

.... and yet, should things go wrong doubtless they'll all expect to be flown back home.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 05:42 PM

Great news about the vaccine.

Fingers crossed everything goes well with it...
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 05:55 PM

Great news.... just hope everyone carries on with precaution, and don't go wild thinking everything is okay now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top