Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 12:40 AM

Re: Ending EU Farming Restrictions Could Tackle Obesity

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I'd like to see them too, please Solasch. Just how much hormone-treated meat do I have to eat in one sitting to run the risk of being affected by the hormone?
In post 15 I stated one of the hormones routinely used poses a risk of cancer. That means all aspects of carcinogenesis(= how cancer starts) apply. To exclude the risk of cancer, you should not eat meat where this carcinogen is present.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
In post 15 I stated one of the hormones routinely used poses a risk of cancer. That means all aspects of carcinogenesis(= how cancer starts) apply. To exclude the risk of cancer, you should not eat meat where this carcinogen is present.
It's still not what he asked.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Last try. I said cut the intake of meat where the carcinogen is present. The cancer council formulates it as:

To reduce your risk of cancer, Cancer Council recommends eating no more than 1 serve of lean red meat per day or 2 serves 3-4 times per week. Red meat includes beef, lamb and pork.

Cut out processed meats altogether or keep them to an absolute minimum.*Processed meats include bacon, ham, devon, frankfurts, chorizo, cabanossi and kransky.

Cutting down on red and processed meats will reduce your cancer risk.
https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/1in...at-and-cancer/
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
No it's not.

I spent 40-odd years in the rubber industry working with chemicals that a layman wouldn't go anywhere near because the containers were all marked with various "Danger" labels. If you read the Materials Safety Data Sheets that accompanied them you'd run to the toilet or feint. However, if you treated these chemicals with respect, you could handle them quite safely with out too much hassle and even without gloves or masks, which we frequently did. I'm still here.

I paid BUPA nearly £1,000 for full body diagnostic scans 2 years or so ago and there were no signs of cancer so, I reckon a slice or 2 of hormone treated beef once a month ain't gonna hurt me.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

31-07-2020, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
No it's not.

I spent 40-odd years in the rubber industry working with chemicals that a layman wouldn't go anywhere near because the containers were all marked with various "Danger" labels. If you read the Materials Safety Data Sheets that accompanied them you'd run to the toilet or feint. However, if you treated these chemicals with respect, you could handle them quite safely with out too much hassle and even without gloves or masks, which we frequently did. I'm still here.

I paid BUPA nearly £1,000 for full body diagnostic scans 2 years or so ago and there were no signs of cancer so, I reckon a slice or 2 of hormone treated beef once a month ain't gonna hurt me.

Handling chemicals and radioactive materials using safety precautions is the way to exclude risks from these substances. So well done.
The way to exclude risk from food containing carcinogens is to not ingest them. That's what I advised. Post 33 supports that advice.

Your scan proved there was no trace of a tumor, either on scans or by markers in your blood. As you know, a carcinogenous substances can induce the start of one, the day after your scan. In two years time it can now have become a discernable node of cancer cells. Time for a new scan?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top