Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 08:02 PM

Did You Know, Selfies Make Your Nose Look 30% Bigger In Pics?

It seems selfies make you nose look 30% bigger and changes what your face really looks like! So some deluded people are having plastic surgery to make their nose and other features smaller!!
How did we come to this?

Do you do selfies and find you don’t look like, what you thought you did?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 08:08 PM

Re: Did You Know, Selfies Make Your Nose Look 30% Bigger In Pics?

I think that depends on the phone you use Art because certain phones tend to have a bit of a mild "fish eye lens" effect to get the whole face in. I've read that people are developing body dysmorphia as a result.

The zoom craze probably has a similar effect on self esteem given the number of double chins and generally droopy and distorted features it creates if you have the camera at the wrong angle/lighting....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 08:17 PM

Not only selfies. Looking at those live blogs of people in lock down I don't think their cameras have done anything for their images.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 08:29 PM

I thought that wide angle look, yes verging on the fisheye, was the the main attraction. I've seen many a super phone selfie ... never tried it myself.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Do you do selfies and find you don’t look like, what you thought you did?
With a doubt.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 08:59 PM

Mmmm

Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 09:00 PM

With a conk like mine would be considerably more.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 09:07 PM

My friend Pino Kio has a large nose, but he says it causes no problems.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 09:21 PM

Warning = Rant Alert!

You know how people have loathings of things?

Well I loathe selfies (with a passion) . Not to mention the nitwits who do it.

Vain self obsessed people standing, posturing with their phones pointing in any available mirror to show what they consider are their wonderful assets. Highly edited and totally unnatural showing themselves as commodities to be ogled.

It's all so fake and I don't 'do' or like fake.

Whatever happened to happy smiling faces anyway and natural shots DOING something?
Instead of half baked pathetic pouts trying to look sexy, younger, over inflated arses and ginormous boobs!?

Bah humbug
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 09:21 PM

You're quite right, Angel. And if you tilt your head back when taking the picture, it makes your chops look unnaturally wide and chubby!

Marge did exactly that this morning, as she took a selfie in order to aid her in doing a self-portrait. It wasn't very flattering, and the resulting portrait likewise!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top