Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 03:46 PM

Re: Japan Trade Deal in Weeks

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I'd say that would be a very big win for the Japanese. When Bridgestone took over Firestone (I worked for Firestone at its technical centre in Rome at the time), B/stone put about 20 of it's technical engineers in our centre. Us Brits, used to teaching the Italians how to speak, read and write English, were used as language teachers and mentors for the Jap engineers even though none of us were really qualified to do so.
Likewise we get to work over in Japan too - I've never been but it's on my "to do" list.

Buying Fujitsu 5G equipment is another great opportunity for the UK and Japan, and to get rid of Huawei and its Chinese baggage. Technology between Japan and the UK has always been world leading, it's about time we formalised everything and had commitment from both sides like we do for their car industry over here.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Likewise we get to work over in Japan too - I've never been but it's on my "to do" list.

Buying Fujitsu 5G equipment is another great opportunity for the UK and Japan, and to get rid of Huawei and its Chinese baggage. Technology between Japan and the UK has always been world leading, it's about time we formalised everything and had commitment from both sides like we do for their car industry over here.
I have, Tokyo is scary busy even at midnight.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 03:54 PM

I have, Tokyo is scary busy even at midnight.
I looks amazing though Percy. I was in Times Square in NYC last October with Mrs Bread but that looks nothing compared to Tokyo.

You've got me thinking now of a holiday for me and Mrs Bread next year.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 04:03 PM

I looks amazing though Percy. I was in Times Square in NYC last October with Mrs Bread but that looks nothing compared to Tokyo.

You've got me thinking now of a holiday for me and Mrs Bread next year.
Good luck, my friend.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 05:26 PM

Good luck, my friend.
The european (UK inclusive) is losing importance. Hope it doesn't spread.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/i...-models-europe
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

29-07-2020, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The european (UK inclusive) is losing importance. Hope it doesn't spread.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/i...-models-europe

We have a Mitsubishi they are great cars.

Although I'm not sure what your point is ...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:45 PM

We have a Mitsubishi they are great cars.

Although I'm not sure what your point is ...
It helps if you read the article...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

29-07-2020, 06:55 PM

It helps if you read the article...

I did thats why I asked - its the Brexit forum whats it got to do with that?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

29-07-2020, 07:36 PM

I did thats why I asked - its the Brexit forum whats it got to do with that?
This thread is about the UK japan trade deal remember? The UK succeeded (probably) in getting a deal with zero tariffs on cars while the EU still has 6.5% on them. Why doesn't mitsubishi keep selling/importing cars to the UK, even if it leaves the EU. Isn't the difference in tariff the determining factor? Isn't the fifth largest economy attractive enough after brexit?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

29-07-2020, 07:40 PM

This thread is about the UK japan trade deal remember? The UK succeeded (probably) in getting a deal with zero tariffs on cars while the EU still has 6.5% on them. Why doesn't mitsubishi keep selling/importing cars to the UK, even if it leaves the EU. Isn't the difference in tariff the determining factor? Isn't the fifth largest economy attractive enough after brexit?

So why are making links to mitsubishi moving out of Europe?

Thats nothing to do with Brexit. It says clearly in your article that is about demand.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top