Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:34 PM

Re: E.l.m.

Actually cash is pretty filthy being handled by so many people but as someone has said nowadays it’s plastic and cleanable .
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:35 PM

Thanks Guys.

Guess I'm being emotional.

Thanks for the support.

Appreciate it.

Friends are important.
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:49 PM

Coronavirus seems to be a "number online".

Its just a number. 1,2,3, 20,50,a thousand?

Unless anyone losses a friend, someone close, then its just a number online.

Is it real?

Yeah right! As if!

If i can do anything to change things,please use masks,gloves,sanitizer,self distance, anything and all things to stay safe and help each other!

Friends are just people you haven't met,yet!"

Yes?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Gaz55 ->
Thanks Guys.

Guess I'm being emotional.

Thanks for the support.

Appreciate it.

Friends are important.

Gaz, whatever has upset you tonight will pass.
I know that's easy to say, but very often if we can get a good night's sleep, things don't look quite so bleak next day.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Gaz, whatever has upset you tonight will pass.
I know that's easy to say, but very often if we can get a good night's sleep, things don't look quite so bleak next day.
Yep.

When I joined this forum, I had to pay Longdogs to be my friend. Although I cancelled the standing order payments to him ages ago, he hasn't taken the hint yet...

Tomorrow is another day and one can but live in hope
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 11:19 PM

Tesco will take either. I pay for my groceries by card because I don't have that amount of cash on me. I pay cash if I'm not buying much, in the corner Co-op, no one has refused it yet.

If we go to a car boot, we haven't yet though, but no way could you use a card at a car boot, besides which I am a good haggler.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Gaz, another thing that annoys me round here, when if I pay by card they refuse to give 'Cash Back.'

One till operator (I think it was in M & S) said - "There is no point in us asking for card payments if we then have to handle cash for 'cash back' requests!"
So it was a trip to the grubby looking cash point instead.

Fortunately I keep a box of gloves in my car for such occasions.
Morning Mups.....

I thought you were going to say "I keep a box of Cash in my car"....

Just for the record, I wonder how many people have actually been infected from handling cash? You would have to shove an infected tenner up your nose to catch covid off of it....Or pick your nose while serving someone at the till....

I think that if you could catch covid of cash and other inanimate things, there would be an awful lot more infected people walking about....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Tesco will take either. I pay for my groceries by card because I don't have that amount of cash on me. I pay cash if I'm not buying much, in the corner Co-op, no one has refused it yet.

If we go to a car boot, we haven't yet though, but no way could you use a card at a car boot, besides which I am a good haggler.
I got a Tesco credit card Tiff and pay for everything I buy in Tesco with it so I can use the hand scanners....
I hope an infected person hasn't used the scanner before me....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 10:40 AM

No one ever answers the fundamental questions, IE, if the virus has an optimum life of 72 hours, on a shiny solid surface, why bother disinfecting? just shut a place for three days and have done. Sometimes you get the feeling, experts don't trust their own information.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-07-2020, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
No one ever answers the fundamental questions, IE, if the virus has an optimum life of 72 hours, on a shiny solid surface, why bother disinfecting? just shut a place for three days and have done. Sometimes you get the feeling, experts don't trust their own information.
I reckon, as long as you don't go about poking and picking your nose you should be okay......At least, it works for me...

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top