Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 03:41 PM

Re: Long frocks & clubbing.

I have never been to a disco, the horrible noise would have done my head in.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 04:15 PM

I don't like long frocks - I don't think they suit me.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Sad old pair aren't we Mups I went to my last disco aged 14. Got bored with them by then.

It certainly seems that way Morti - but who cares.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 04:41 PM

Never really keen on Clubbing and Dancing, didn't stop me wearing a White Suit though.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
This is me with my friend Jean. Circa 1970's.
We used to go clubbing a lot - and always dressed up to the nines in our long frocks. (I had five)

Anybody else used to get dressed up & go clubbing?

Photo's optional.

Carol, are you the one on the left, in the pink? Beautiful absolutely beautiful. Wow. Yes, I went clubbing for many years, but I wore mini skirts back then.....oh for the good old days eh? Thanks for starting this awesome thread, I must see if I can find some of my old photos....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's a nice picture of you Carol. Memories ey . .

Here's another one who never went clubbing.
As far as I can remember, the only long frock I ever had was my first wedding dress - a very long time ago now.

Didn't mean it to be so big, but couldn't get it smaller?

Oh my God Mups, you were such a beautiful bride. Wow, look at that wedding gown, takes my breath away....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Carol, are you the one on the left, in the pink? Beautiful absolutely beautiful. Wow. Yes, I went clubbing for many years, but I wore mini skirts back then.....oh for the good old days eh? Thanks for starting this awesome thread, I must see if I can find some of my old photos....
Aw thanks WB. Yes that's me on the left.

I'd love to see some of your old photo's.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 05:47 PM

Me and my crowd were more into ballroom dancing than clubbing. Lots of long frocks and petticoats in those days. Friday and Saturday nights were social evenings at our dancing school. We all attained gold medals in ballroom and Latin american dancing. Sometimes we went to the Orchid Mecca ballroom in Purley. Always a live band with a mixture of pop and strict tempo.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 06:03 PM

The last long dress I wore was when I was pregnant with my middle child so that was 1975. Before that it was at my sister's wedding in 1972, that's me on the far right standing next to my parents....

I did used to go to discos as a teenager, Friday and Saturday nights. Fridays were always a bit dodgy because I had work the next day so couldn't drink or stay out late but Saturdays I would let my hair down a bit most weeks.

There's no pictures but I have had a wander down memory lane and found some online pictures of the 2 pubs where the discos were held....

This is the Greenford Hotel

And this is The Seagull...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 06:06 PM

I used to regularly go to nightclubs with my sister up to the age of 52!
We used to go to the Bel Air at The Belfry Hotel And Golf Resort. Most that went there, were in the same age group or slightly younger. No young kids there!
In fact, forums were the last place l would have been on at that age. I was too busy out, dancing the night away!

I did have some long dresses in the late 1970’s when they were the fashion.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top