Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 08:51 PM

Re: Nra

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
We are just remembering the Christchurch terrorist attack 2 years ago today. 51 people killed by firearms. Yes he could still kill with a knife but 51???
Exactly.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 11:56 PM

Random thought on the subject: If someone wants to commit suicide with a gun, they will find one.

If someone is neurologically ill and they want to find a gun, we can slow them down, but they will find one too.

We can all but prevent children from getting guns, but we can't fix parental carelessness.

If you are grown neurologically healthy man and you want to have a gun in your home for defense that is well-secured. I have no problem with that whatsoever.

Assault rifles are ridiculous unless there is an attack. Armories are the answer to that debate. If I call the police, they are there in two to four minutes. We fund and respect our law enforcement agencies well where I live - non of this defunding garbage.

I have never seen anyone carry a gun, though I am well aware of conceal and carry. I also have a floor to ceiling glass front door and no guns in the house.

Stand your ground is one of the best laws ever passed. Everyone should be able to defend their lives, families, and property when attacked - lethally if necessary. One would be wise to have security cameras if they intend to put their actions behind them.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
By the same token, our policemen don't go round killing the population and get away with it scot free.
Can I remind you of the murder of Jean Charles da Silva e de Menezes a completely innocent, unarmed man on his way to work who was followed, chased, and shot by a posse of officers of the London Metropolitan Police Service at Stockwell station on the London Underground on 22 July 2005.

No one was ever prosecuted or even disciplined for this murder.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Random thought on the subject: If someone wants to commit suicide with a gun, they will find one.

If someone is neurologically ill and they want to find a gun, we can slow them down, but they will find one too.

We can all but prevent children from getting guns, but we can't fix parental carelessness.

If you are grown neurologically healthy man and you want to have a gun in your home for defense that is well-secured. I have no problem with that whatsoever.

Assault rifles are ridiculous unless there is an attack. Armories are the answer to that debate. If I call the police, they are there in two to four minutes. We fund and respect our law enforcement agencies well where I live - non of this defunding garbage.

I have never seen anyone carry a gun, though I am well aware of conceal and carry. I also have a floor to ceiling glass front door and no guns in the house.

Stand your ground is one of the best laws ever passed. Everyone should be able to defend their lives, families, and property when attacked - lethally if necessary. One would be wise to have security cameras if they intend to put their actions behind them.
Hi

Different Countries, different problems, different rules.

Assault Weapons have no other use than to kill people, so no need for them to be legal or available for sale.

The availability of weapons is a big problem, in my job in the USA, I would have been routinely armed, not so here in the UK.

Absolutely no need for it.

I have never carried or used a hand gun in public here in the UK.

They are only ever used by none Police or Military to dispatch an injured animal under certain conditions, they are otherwise illegal.

Long guns, single load, are permitted if you have a Certificate and a need to use them.

You are not permitted to carry them or use them in a Public Place without a Home Office Certificate.

Slaughterhouses, Race Courses are permitted them to put an animal out of pain.

They are also permitted in Rabies Control Areas, like Docks.

Illegal use of Firearms is very rare here in the UK and in the vast majority of cases it is in what we call, scum on scum, they are doing us a favour.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 08:12 AM

When I saw NRA, and swimfeeders as the last poster, for some reason I thought the thread was about the short lived "National Rivers Authority".
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
When I saw NRA, and swimfeeders as the last poster, for some reason I thought the thread was about the short lived "National Rivers Authority".
I suppose they had to abandon the Authority when Joan Rivers died.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I suppose they had to abandon the Authority when Joan Rivers died.
No, is was disbanded when Bruce stopped going there.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 11:52 AM

I'm a registered shot gun owner and I have my shotguns locked in a gun safe somewhere secret in the house.

I'll tell you one big issue I think about the firearms and shot gun licensing we have here ....

If I go to my GP for an appointment, when he pulls up my medical history, it says that I am a registered gun owner on the screen in big letters. So, if I go to him with mental health issues, he could call the police and have my guns removed from my house if he thought I was a danger to other people or myself. For that reason I would think many gun owners don't report mental health issues to their GP for this reason - the possibility of having their guns removed. A much better way would be for another gun owner to have temporary transfer of the guns instead of them being taken by the authorities - to any gun owner, this is like having your arm chopped off and being treated like a child.

First and foremost, guns (recreationally) are for sport not murder although they are built to kill things. Guns don't kill people - people kill people and more are killed through car accidents than firearms offences. The biggest cause of gun crime is the availability of a weapon to people who shouldn't have them but in the USA, because of the second amendment and constitutional law, it would be nigh on impossible to change it.

There is a very interesting debate between Piers Morgan and Ben Shapiro on the subject - you can see just how complex this is and how heated it gets, so buckle up !

Just remember what happened to Piers Morgan when he campaigned to change the gun laws.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

15-03-2021, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
No, is was disbanded when Bruce stopped going there.
Ah! I never thought of Joan's brother Bruce, he always did tend to go against the flow.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Can I remind you of the murder of Jean Charles da Silva e de Menezes a completely innocent, unarmed man on his way to work who was followed, chased, and shot by a posse of officers of the London Metropolitan Police Service at Stockwell station on the London Underground on 22 July 2005.

No one was ever prosecuted or even disciplined for this murder.
No-one should have been. He was warned - and ran. 100% his fault.

In any case he wasn't completely innocent. He was in our country illegally.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top