Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

25-09-2012, 11:59 AM

Re: New Tricks - Jack's replacement ?

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I thnk it will give a new dimension to the series which many thought was getting a bit stale. I still think this will be the final series though in view of the disputes between Amanda Redman, Alun Armstring and the writers. We will have to see what happens.
Yes Val I read that both Redman and Armstrong are doing a runner after this series.

A good move perhaps, it seems to me that it is dead but still quivering a little.
Last nights episode was ridiculous.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2012, 01:02 PM

Last week, the new guy was OTT, last night's episode...he might just as well have not been in it.
The camaraderie and fun has gone, it's just another programme hanging by its fingertips.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2012, 07:18 PM

yes he is always very good and he makes me smile.(Thats a bonus for a start).Not a lot of smiling going on at the moment.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2012, 10:13 PM

Ithink it lost it's way quite a while ago, during Brian's relapse into drinking & Jack's talking to his dead wife.

Shame cos this was a great cast & WAS great chemistry. A stroke of genius having old school actors playing old school detectives.

Just a final comment on the perfect casting of Sheila Hancock as Amanda Redmans mother.

The eyes have it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2012, 04:50 AM

Brian's overdoing a load of Sulking about the New Guy, that's starting to annoy me.....I quite like him., he'll fit in with the Team well enough.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2012, 10:20 AM

I agree with all your comments but I do still like the series. Maybe Steve will start to fit in better and Brian will stop sulking. Also if they all got on brilliantly from day 1 that would be unnatural as well in real life.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2012, 09:38 PM

The cast of "New Tricks" was on The One Show tonight, did anyone see it? There was Dennis Waterman, the new Scottish guy, Amanda Redman and Pete Posstlewaite (I think that's his name).
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2012, 11:05 AM

I saw bits of it Alison while I was getting my dinner. I thought Dennis Waterman looked a bit bored with it all ! Its Alun Armstrong by the way not Pete Posslewaite
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2012, 04:05 PM

Pete Posslewaite. Died a few years back. He was an excellent actor.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2012, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I saw bits of it Alison while I was getting my dinner. I thought Dennis Waterman looked a bit bored with it all ! Its Alun Armstrong by the way not Pete Posslewaite
Originally Posted by shaz ->
Pete Posslewaite. Died a few years back. He was an excellent actor.
That's Hubby's fault, he tole me that name

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top