Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 07:10 PM

Re: Newsworthy?

It is good news the situation seems to have come to some sort of satisfactory conclusion, the thing that was unique about this situation was the fact that the realationship had apparently been carrying on for some time, and certain agencys were aware of such, so, if this extreem action had not been taken to flee abroad, what would the status of the relationship be now, and how long would it have been allowed to carry on for?.
Rain
New Member!
Ireland
Rain is female 

29-09-2012, 07:25 PM

Someone mentioned that the girl went willingly with the teacher. If you are a mature fully grown older man, with bad intentions, it is not hard to manipulate a youngster to comply with your wishes. If we all think back to when we were fifteen I think we can all recall times when we thought we were grown up and suddenly found ourselves badly out of our depth. A girl of this age lacks the experience and maturity to always make wise decisions, especially in the presence of someone manipulative.

What this man was doing, taking off with a child can only be taken as being very inappropriate and potentially harmful to the girl. It matters not how ‘grown up’ the girl is or if she has dated a lot. A man of that age can only be intending to control and take advantage of her. He presumably is an intelligent man - a teacher – so the fact that he was willing to break the law and cause such a panic to serve his own needs is very worrying and shows frightening instability and lack of judgment.

Society has a duty to protect all children. They can easily be misled by clever individuals who don’t care how the child is impacted by their actions.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 07:51 PM

I mentioned on another forum that I thought he had groomed her, and after reading this link See Here I am inclined towards the school and the police all at fault.
He should have been watched very closely, before they ran off.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

29-09-2012, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I mentioned on another forum that I thought he had groomed her, and after reading this link See Here I am inclined towards the school and the police all at fault.
He should have been watched very closely, before they ran off.
Agree Arthur, I think the school have a bit of previous in this area.
SarkySuzie
New Member!
UK
SarkySuzie is female 

29-09-2012, 11:50 PM

These stories are always newsworthy. This man, because that's what he is, a man, groomed the girl from the age of 14. He's a teacher, he knows the law, he knows he was doing wrong. The more publicity it gets the better in my view. The rights and wrongs of the young girl's character are neither here nor there. The simple fact is, he did wrong and he knew it. He deserves to be treated like the paedophile that he undoubtedly is. He should be jailed, put on the sex offenders register and never allowed to teach kids again.

As far as the girl is concerned, I think a seriously long talk from her parents would be in order. She needs to understand the danger she put herself in and the worry she caused them and make sure she doesn't do anything like it again.

And just for the record, I don't think flippancy is appropriate in a case like this.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 04:06 AM

Not at all newsworthy but designed to distract us from what really matters in life.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Hu99 ->
Not at all newsworthy but designed to distract us from what really matters in life.
What in life matters?? Talk to me.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top