Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
suecook
New Member!
WILTSHIRE U.K.
suecook is female 

17-09-2013, 02:34 PM

Bad Dentists

Implants not what they should be and Dentists won't take responsibily for bad workmanship.Always got excuses.
They take your money and laugh all the way to the bank.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 03:33 PM

Re: Bad Dentists

I cancelled my last appointment, just couldn't face going back ....
Dentists - fill me with dread !
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 04:17 PM

A good dentist is worth their weight in gold.

We have been with ours over 22 years.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 04:20 PM

They are - and hard to find !
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 04:36 PM

My dentist talked me into having a new fangle bottom denture thing which clipped on to existing teeth (I was perfectly happy about the teeth that were missing) but as he assured me it would be super comfortable and so much better than the national health version I fell for it.

The result was .... it felt like there was a vice on my teeth where it clipped on and caused abcesses on two of my back teeth which then had to be removed !!

Every time I complained he said I would get used to them and they were perfect - they are now on the top of the wardrobe and I am £500 poorer !!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-09-2013, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
My dentist talked me into having a new fangle bottom denture thing which clipped on to existing teeth (I was perfectly happy about the teeth that were missing) but as he assured me it would be super comfortable and so much better than the national health version I fell for it.

The result was .... it felt like there was a vice on my teeth where it clipped on and caused abcesses on two of my back teeth which then had to be removed !!

Every time I complained he said I would get used to them and they were perfect - they are now on the top of the wardrobe and I am £500 poorer !!!
Exactly - feel for you, I've had similar experiences, thats why I cancelled my last check-up ......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
A good dentist is worth their weight in gold.

We have been with ours over 22 years.
They certainly are Pats, if you are lucky enough to find a good honest caring Dentist it gives you that bit of confidence so badly needed on a trip to the dentists, pity they all can't be like that.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 05:44 PM

Bad dentists are the reason I have to be sedated to have a tooth pulled. There must be something during dental training where you are made to behave badly to your patients.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-09-2013, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
Bad dentists are the reason I have to be sedated to have a tooth pulled. There must be something during dental training where you are made to behave badly to your patients.

Must be - I could fill a book on my experiences !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 06:39 PM

I had a brilliant dentist in Birmingham - best one I'd ever seen and was with him for around 25 years and still saw him after I moved here. Now I'm having to try the local lot and crikey are they useless.

What's happened to all the training - don't they do as much any more or has the bar to pass exams been lowered?

One point: if you're not happy about what they've done then don't pay until you are!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top