Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 08:36 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Bloody great masses of flies,
The bastards 'll pick out your eyes.
They get up yer nose
And inter yer clothes,
The bloody great masses of flies!

'Skeeters as big as a dog
Descend on yer camp like a fog,
And after confusion
Y'll need a transfusion
For every damn one is a hog!

It rains in Tasmania often.
Yer toes start to wrinkle and soften.
"It's a beautiful day"
You hear some drongo say,
As they carry you off in a coffin.
oh here he is!! - where have you been lately little cus from across the Tasman??
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 08:40 AM

Over and Out.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Over and Out.
bit early for bed ain't it got the flu? - or a cuckoos nest?
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 09:11 AM

I've been very busy arranging meetings between Trump, Teresa May and Kim Jung Il Supplying whiskey and firearms for them . No luck so far!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 11:56 AM

Mad fools.
Good Morning Possums.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote Gumbud: "but I am never sure if you are pulling our legs [metaphorically of course] could you put a little icon at the bottom to indicate whether it is true or false - like truey or falsie?"

Jaysus man yer getting very fussy in yer old age, don’t ya like guessing? be patient and I’ll hang out little flags for ya.

Alright then, if I’m making it up as I go along I will put a big grin at the end, if it’s doubtful but could be true I’ll put a question mark, and if it’s true I’ll just say -true. I can’t find a true or false icon anywhere.
But don’t blame me if I’m tempted to cheat now and then, sometimes i can’t hold back the devil in me.

That’s true about Agatha Christie, I have read an awful lot about her, one of the first complete novels I ever read was “And Then There Were None” of course it was not called that then, I’m not allowed say the original title in full but it was “Ten little N….rs” , after a while it was changed to “Ten Little I…..s”, finally it ended up as it is now.
After reading that novel I became a big fan of her easy to read style, her half hidden sense of humour, her avoidance of sloppy love scenes and panoramic descriptions of places, all just good gripping mystery writing.
I got all her 80 paperbacks, including those written under the name ‘Mary Westmacott”, never liked those, mostly love stories.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 05:58 PM

I love your poem Ciderman.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

21-02-2019, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
bit early for bed ain't it got the flu? - or a cuckoos nest?
Here's the original Cuckoo's Nest, great pint of Guinness to be had in the 'Nest'.

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

21-02-2019, 06:09 PM

including those written under the name ‘Mary Westmacott”, never liked those, mostly love stories.
oh shucks Jem and there goes Phyllis telling me that your a real don juan ; a true romantic as well as being a drunk!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

21-02-2019, 06:11 PM

I'm off now to the Barbers to have me mallet pared, all the schoolkids have left there by now and I should get seen to promptly.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top