Join for free
Page 19 of 21 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 09:44 AM

Re: Please use the 'Temporary Chat Section' for now

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Thanks Pixie. I was pretty sure I'd got my knickers in a twist with overthinking this!!!
Oh its easy done when we aren't techy minded, Sheba! I still struggle to post a full size photo on here as it is, haha! I hope its easier on the new one!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 09:49 AM

Now I'm confused as well, Azz. I should have read your post more thoroughly.
So, we won't have an album themed place on our profiles like now, but we will be able to post a thread & add pics to those as we want? Is that right?
I am glad we can post a photo more than once though, because often one pic can be used in another thread it's related to.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
So does that mean we won't be able to post a photo to any thread outside of the 'Your Photos & Art' section? That would be a shame, because sometimes a thread is started without necessarily having an intention of including photos (or videos for that matter) but then as the thread progresses, photos are added to illustrate a point, say. Will we lose this kind of spontaneity?
I think people are getting a bit confused here....

From Azz's earlier posts in this thread it is going to be easier to post pictures in topics on the forums.
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...67#post2144667
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...64#post2146364

Originally Posted by Azz
Automatically embed videos or photos into the post if their link/URL is on a separate line
Originally Posted by Azz
We'll have a 'Your Photos' section where you can post threads to replace albums - so you could have multiple threads in there or just one and put all your photos in there. You should be able to post more than once (tho it's generally better to just post a link to where it is originally posted - as that way you keep all the comments in one place )

It will hopefully all become clearer when it goes live tho (and I am hoping that isn't much longer!)
There will be a 'Photograph' section and members can start a thread (or multiple threads) of their own and add to it as they wish so 'Bathsheba's photos' thread will contain all your photographs and instead of them being in an album in profile they will be in a section of the site
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

From Azz's earlier post in this thread it is going to be easier to post pictures in topics on the forums.

In addition to this there will be a 'Photograph' section and members can start a thread of their own and add to it as they wish so 'Bathsheba's photos' thread will contain all your photographs and instead of them being in an album in profile they will be in a section of the site
Which will presumably mean that others will be able to add to that thread too. So it won't be a private security box.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Which will presumably mean that others will be able to add to that thread too. So it won't be a private security box.
Dex I think we should just wait and see and it will all become clear.

On previous 'editions' of sites we didn't have the things we have here now, photographs could only be accessed by linking to a 'host' site like Photobucket, then came the Albums and Attachments feature and we could link directly to photographs on our PCs making things much easier .

Each update offers new and easier features and we soon get used to them and forget the old ones.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 10:17 AM

Dex I think we should just wait and see and it will all become clear.

On previous 'editions' of sites we didn't have the things we have here now, photographs could only be accessed by linking to a 'host' site like Photobucket, then came the Albums and Attachments feature and we could link directly to photographs on our PCs making things much easier .

Each update offers new and easier features and we soon get used to them and forget the old ones.
Thanks Meg. Wasn't criticising, just stating what my understanding of what it means.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

06-08-2021, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Dex I am not quite sure how it will work having yet to see it but on our sister sites where we didn't have 'albums' if you started a thread of your photographs others did not post their pictures in it and we can ask that is made a clear .
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 10:30 AM

From Azz's earlier posts in this thread it is going to be easier to post pictures in topics on the forums.
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...64#post2146364

There will be a 'Photograph' section and members can start a thread (or multiple threads) of their own and add to it as they wish so 'Bathsheba's photos' thread will contain all your photographs and instead of them being in an album in profile they will be in a section of the site
Thanks for clarifying that Meg. I did think, as I posted, that my interpretation couldn't possibly be the case! I really don't know why I went ahead and posted
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

06-08-2021, 10:38 AM

Dex I am not quite sure how it will work having yet to see it but on our sister sites where we didn't have 'albums' if you started a thread of your photographs others did not post their pictures in it and we can ask that is made a clear .
Je comprend. Thanks Meg.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 01:00 PM

As Meg said, we wait & see.

Page 19 of 21 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top