Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 11:27 PM

Re: Took Me Ages!

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Had to be America.
Yeah, we do like pretty, sparkly things on our holidays! We look ahead to the day for a month or two before, start planning, then feel a sense of accomplishment when our plan comes together! Our neighborhoods love to drive around and see the displays.

I suppose you could liken it to England and the Isles gathering up odd scraps of cloth, planning what pattern of quilt to make, then spending two months sewing it together, and sharing it with your neighbors. Lots on YouTube of your type of thing, too.

Difference of countries, and outlooks on things.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Extreme Christmas edition
Exactly! You get it, Minx For your viewing entertainment
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 10:14 AM

I must say from what I have seen of the Americans decor style on YouTube,..they have got style and class, ..Christmas imo is a bit over the top, but hey ho, each to their own.

When they do something like Christmas, they sure do it in style, certainly got the WOW! factor.

They must spends thousands on some of their decor, it sure looks expensive, I love it when they say , y’all!

I find them more entertaining than some of us brits,..
Right Now
upstate New York US

11-12-2020, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I must say from what I have seen of the Americans decor style on YouTube,..they have got style and class, ..Christmas imo is a bit over the top, but hey ho, each to their own.

When they do something like Christmas, they sure do it in style, certainly got the WOW! factor.

They must spends thousands on some of their decor, it sure looks expensive, I love it when they say , y’all!

I find them more entertaining than some of us brits,..
The television designer shows are designed(pardon the pun) to be over the top, else they wouldn't hold the viewer's interest. Yes, some folks have more money than brains, and want to spend it decorating. Most of us are more attuned to what we can spend and not bleed our checking accounts dry.
It is like that everywhere, I would suppose.
Still, it is entertaining to watch these designer/fashion/ makeover homes, etc. shows. We love them, don't we? When all is said and done, it makes us feel more sensible with our own life choices.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
The television designer shows are designed(pardon the pun) to be over the top, else they wouldn't hold the viewer's interest. Yes, some folks have more money than brains, and want to spend it decorating. Most of us are more attuned to what we can spend and not bleed our checking accounts dry.
It is like that everywhere, I would suppose.
Still, it is entertaining to watch these designer/fashion/ makeover homes, etc. shows. We love them, don't we? When all is said and done, it makes us feel more sensible with our own life choices.

Plenty of Christmas home decor on YouTube,Right Now, that are very minimal, it holds my interest, depends on each individual.and what they are interested in.

Yes,I certainly love them, they have certainly inspired me,not all of them though.
Right Now
upstate New York US

12-12-2020, 04:04 PM

Plenty of Christmas home decor on YouTube,Right Now, that are very minimal, it holds my interest, depends on each individual.and what they are interested in.

Yes,I certainly love them, they have certainly inspired me,not all of them though.
Merry Christmas, Pauline.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

12-12-2020, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Merry Christmas, Pauline.

Merry Christmas, lovely lady!...
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 09:19 PM

Merry Christmas, lovely lady!...
Remember, only 378 days until Christmas.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top