Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 12:00 PM

Re: Classical Music

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
i

Reds soliloquy from the Shawshank Redemption. According to my classical muso son the two women are hatching a plot to deceive their husbands.
What, together keezoy?.....
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
What, together keezoy?.....
Que?...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 01:04 PM

Talking about the Marriage of Figaro

We've talked about it before but Dove Sono is the saddest most heart rending piece of music ever - brings me to tears every time.

PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 01:18 PM

Not quite right.

Figaro had promised his wife he wouldn't invoke the ancient law of breaking in the bride of any of his serfs' before the wedding.

However, he really had the hots for the bride, who happened to be his wife's personal maid and planned to tup her at the first opportunity.

The wife got wind of Figaro's intention and together with the maid plotted a scenario that would leave Figaro, high, dry and very embarrassed in front of his wife.

The aria is that plan unfolding.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Not quite right.

Figaro had promised his wife he wouldn't invoke the ancient law of breaking in the bride of any of his serfs' before the wedding.

However, he really had the hots for the bride, who happened to be his wife's personal maid and planned to tup her at the first opportunity.

The wife got wind of Figaro's intention and together with the maid plotted a scenario that would leave Figaro, high, dry and very embarrassed in front of his wife.

The aria is that plan unfolding.
Yes that's closer to what my son said. I got it wrong. Didn't listen..my bad
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 08:12 PM

Yes that's closer to what my son said. I got it wrong. Didn't listen..my bad
I think I would take more of an interest in opera if I could understand the story....

It's like that Shakespeare chappie, he talks in riddles all of the time, but makes some very interesting points...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

05-04-2021, 08:15 PM

que?...

Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 10:16 PM

I think the stories in operas are mostly ridiculous and prefer to listen not in English.As long as I've got the general idea of what's going on the music is enough for me.

Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 10:28 PM

I wonder if anyone like me remembers "The Esso sign means happy motoring" when they first hear this?

Psmith
melbourne australia

05-04-2021, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Williams, Delius, Elgar, nailed it at the time.
I haven't heard much Delius yet.Williams was more English than Elgar I think.Despite his patriotic stuff he was more in the Germanic style.Very pleasant though.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top