Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 01:29 PM

Bosch Tassimo Coffee Machine block!

My aging Tassimo was getting worse & worse at feeding the coffee into the cup.

Time for a new one, so I went out and bought the latest model.

Then, being a techie fanatic, I decided to strip the old one down to find out why it no longer delivered a full cup, etc, and was spilling milk if an milk pod was installed.

Then, realised that, after about 10 years, the feed nozzle was being blocked up by bits of the pod which get cut when you close down the lid.

No mention of cleaning this out, in the manual, but it pops out and can be cleared with a bit of wire.

Bingo, all working again, as new!

So now I have two!

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 02:52 PM

Re: Bosch Tassimo Coffee Machine block!

Glad your coffee machine is working again, Ted. I have a Dulce Gusto machine, and that just pierces the lid, as opposed to cutting a bit out like yours does. I must say though, if the piercing is off centre for any reason, everything tends to spray a bit. I have had it about 6 years, so maybe its getting blunt now. ( I had a look to see if I could find a picture to post...couldn't locate one - maybe its not made anymore!! )
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 04:17 PM

I have a coffee maker (Breville One a touch) which can either use pods or coffee into the holder. The last time I tried to make lattes with my sister here it just kept pouring out and spilling over the mugs, milk included. Been a bit worried about using it since, and I’ve barely used it.

Well done Ted, for mending yours, and knowing what to do.
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 04:20 PM

So now you can drink coffee in stereo.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Glad your coffee machine is working again, Ted. I have a Dulce Gusto machine, and that just pierces the lid, as opposed to cutting a bit out like yours does. I must say though, if the piercing is off centre for any reason, everything tends to spray a bit. I have had it about 6 years, so maybe its getting blunt now. ( I had a look to see if I could find a picture to post...couldn't locate one - maybe its not made anymore!! )
Thanks, Pixie

Tedc
Berkshire, UK

18-05-2021, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I have a coffee maker (Breville One a touch) which can either use pods or coffee into the holder. The last time I tried to make lattes with my sister here it just kept pouring out and spilling over the mugs, milk included. Been a bit worried about using it since, and I’ve barely used it.

Well done Ted, for mending yours, and knowing what to do.
Thank you, Jazzi!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

18-05-2021, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by peripheral ->
So now you can drink coffee in stereo.
ear ear!

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 12:10 AM

Two of my kids have coffee machines and swear by them, my daughter's grinds the beans before use. She replaced her previous machine because she was worried about the incredible amount of waste generated by pods.

Lot of fuss and palaver in my opinion, my cup of Nescafe Blend 43 brewed in the microwave tastes as good and is quicker.

To be fair I am more fussy about tea - always use a teapot and leaf tea.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top