Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 08:45 AM

Darn it .

Was thinking of buying Ethereum yesterday and didn’t .
It gone up over 9% today .
Has anyone else tried crypto currency?
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 10:07 AM

Re: Darn it .

I think you are better off not buying it.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 10:10 AM

No but I wish I had jumped on board when it was first starting up. My daughter has a tiny bit of bitcoin, like 0.0001% or something. I'm interested in it, but haven't got the funds to make a substantial return nowadays!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 01:09 PM

The reason I’m suspicious about bitcoins is, how does it work, and what use is it to the buyer?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 01:17 PM

UK Police Raid Suspected Cannabis Factory, Find Bitcoin Mining Operation

https://www.coindesk.com/uk-police-r...ning-operation

Police in the U.K. have stumbled across a cryptocurrency mining operation after raiding what they thought would be a cannabis farm.

The police authority for the West Midlands metropolitan county forced entry into the industrial park unit on May 18 in Sandwell near Birmingham and found around 100 devices apparently used for bitcoin mining, according to an announcement Thursday. Officers found that the operation was stealing "thousands of pounds worth" of electricity.

“It’s certainly not what we were expecting!" Sandwell Police Sergeant Jennifer Griffin said.

The raid came after reports of multiple people visiting the unit at odd times of day and night, and "lots of" of wiring and ventilation ducts. A police drone had detected a considerable source of heat. These are all classic cannabis factory signs. The unit was unattended at the time of the raid and no arrests have been made as yet.

The discovery is only the second such crypto mining farm encountered in the West Midlands, according to Griffin.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 02:59 PM

I have no idea or understanding of how things works with this kind of thing

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top