Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

28-05-2021, 02:58 AM

No Peace in Our Time?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-57267729

No that Wuhan virus and lab story just keeps coming back. we may have thought it was over once the WHO had a stab at sending a team out there but their access was severely limited and no one believed the results.

so now the new Emperor in USA has ordered a new study - i wonder why? in the interest of science and human health or another dig at China for all sorts of reasons like 1. we just don't believe you 2. We don't like you throwing muscle around in the SC seas 3. We don't like your treatment of HK 4 We don't like how you are treating our friends like OZ and Taiwan etc etc.

Hmm now where does that place OZ ; the other SE Asian nations - say in the sphere of trade?

Things from this angle 'darn udder' seems a bit out on a limb - so stiff upper lip lads and lasses - we've beaten them before - remember the Opium wars and we can do it again!
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 04:55 AM

Re: No Peace in Our Time?

I wonder why there was a $3.7 million US investment in the Wuhan laboratory work?
bret
bret is male 

28-05-2021, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
I wonder why there was a $3.7 million US investment in the Wuhan laboratory work?
must be out to prove summat?? chinks in the armory heh?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 10:07 AM

Another interesting discussion .

I've never believed the virus came from the wet markets , if it did why are they still there and people still trading and selling .

I may be rambling again but does anyone recall a young scientist who worked at the lab telling the world about this killer virus escape , then he disappeared and then we were told he had died of the virus ? It just doesn't feel right somehow . Is it germ warfare? , or a natural outbreak , I dont know .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 10:39 AM

Hi

Every Level 4 Lab in the World is spied on by the big boys.

My view is that if Trump had the proof he would have released it.

In terms of germ warfare, the virus is not very effective.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 10:46 AM

In any biological weapon the vaccine is more important to have than the bug. Think about it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

I've never believed the virus came from the wet markets , if it did why are they still there and people still trading and selling .

I may be rambling again but does anyone recall a young scientist who worked at the lab telling the world about this killer virus escape , then he disappeared and then we were told he had died of the virus ? It just doesn't feel right somehow . Is it germ warfare? , or a natural outbreak , I dont know .

This .
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
In any biological weapon the vaccine is more important to have than the bug. Think about it.
Yep. Which is why it's somewhat important to contain the bug very carefully until you sort out the vaccine.
bret
bret is male 

28-05-2021, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

well if he did die from the virus one of the reasons would be no one had any antidote at that point? Now who would start working on a virulent virus first without having an anti-dote ready just in cases something went wrong ? - as it did?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->
well if he did die from the virus one of the reasons would be no one had any antidote at that point? Now who would start working on a virulent virus first without having an anti-dote ready just in cases something went wrong ? - as it did?
One first must create a weaponised bug BEFORE a vaccine can be made. The problem is containing the virus while the vaccine is created.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top