Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 12:32 AM

Re: Modified Shade Tent

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I like it Bruce. Your update looks better suited to windy weather as well!
Another option could have been making a toilet/shower with your awning
Nice tidy handiwork
Funny you should mention windy weather. On our recent trip because of an early start and short stay my daughter put her swag under my awning rather than set her more sophisticated one up. She spent the whole of the next day whinging about how noisy it was flapping about in the wind.

Personally I always take it down at night so the wind has never been a problem for me.

I do have a toilet/shower tent but rarely use it, it uses too much water, I'd rather spend $5 for a shower at a Roadhouse
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 03:23 AM

To add to the feverish excitement of this thread I have added a strip of C section to the rear roof bar, "Just in case"

It is the remaining section left over from the original job I did on the side of the vehicle and has been cluttering up my garage ever since, It was almost a perfect fit, I only had to remove about 6cm.

Whether it ever gets used is another matter but having it there can cause no harm and it means I could use the Tarp or the Shade tent on the back of the vehicle.

The old and the new...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030512.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	16085   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030514.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	16086   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030516.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	16087  
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 07:43 AM

Looking fine Bruce. We have done Caravanning since the 70's with a young family in tow back then. Now our last new Caravan bought us here to France for it's final resting place..still good inside but outside shows W & T now. We purchased it at a London Caravan and Camping Exhibition in 1987 and collected it in early 1988, an Ace Diplomat silver jubilee model and ordered the Awning, a must have..UK weather especially, always unpredictable and the Awning gives you so much extra space. Miss those days, loved going to the New Forest and then we started going to France and Spain. Decided back many years we would live in France once retired. We have a couple of tents now that we can use as the Camper is given a good welcome here and you can put up a Tent on spare land after asking if it is ok. Just for an overnighter it is good. With our tents they both have flaps that give shade and shelter from light rain as well...I enjoy seeing other people's ideas and fixes, as often it gives you an idea knock on effect.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 09:27 AM

Looking good Bruce I would drape a mosquito net over it and sleep under it ....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top