Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 04:14 PM

Re: Will You Ditch Your Mask When Covid Restrictions Are Lifted?

It's an interesting question.

At work, we have been wearing a mask for up to nine hours per day, we are so used to it now. I asked around this morning if staff would continue to wear them after the 19th and the vast majority said they would because they would feel exposed to customers now that the two metre rule is being abandoned too.

Of course, not all customers observe the two metre rule anyway, despite us wearing bright yellow, dayglo, fluorescent Hi Viz jackets saying 'Keep your distance' They just cann't see them, particularly when there are special offers to be had, they just shove us out of the way.

Personally, I think I will continue to wear mine for a while longer.
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It’s whilst shopping that I hate wearing a mask as my reading glasses steam up and l can’t see a thing!

I have come home with the worst cabbages and cauliflowers because l just couldn’t inspect them properly because of the steamed up glasses!

So what about you? Will you be relieved to ditch the mask, or will you still wear one to safeguard your health?
Just return from Wal-Mart. everyone in there with few exceptions was mask less. Me I feel secure because of my vaccines, however I still keep my mask handy in case people decide to avoid social distancing. I hate the mask though it makes my glasses steam up every time.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Danny ->
Just return from Wal-Mart. everyone in there with few exceptions was mask less. Me I feel secure because of my vaccines, however I still keep my mask handy in case people decide to avoid social distancing. I hate the mask though it makes my glasses steam up every time.
Danny, The steamed up glasses is the worst part of wearing a mask as it’s so annoying.

I think many of us are climatised to this new way of living and it’s going to be difficult to get back to living how we did pre-Covid.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 11:59 AM

Masks still expected to be worn indoors after 19 July - Zahawi

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57795409

People in England should still wear masks in many indoor settings even after the Covid rules are lifted, the vaccines minister has said.

The PM is due to confirm on Monday whether most of England's lockdown rules - including the legal requirement for masks - will end on 19 July.

But Nadim Zahawi, speaking on the BBC's Andrew Marr Show, said there would still be "an expectation" for people to wear masks in crowded spaces such as trains.

It comes after Health Secretary Sajid Javid told the Sunday Telegraph anyone who would not wear a mask in an enclosed space was "just being irresponsible".
I expect that BJ will further muddy the waters .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Masks still expected to be worn indoors after 19 July - Zahawi

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57795409

I expect that BJ will further muddy the waters .....
I suspect the chaotic behaviour of the pandemic will do that just as has been doing from day #1.

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top