Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 08:43 AM

Re: Will You Ditch Your Mask When Covid Restrictions Are Lifted?

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
My mask collection will be instantly binned.
Mine too....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 08:44 AM

I'm another victim of the dreaded steamy specs syndrome so yes, mine will be dumped at the earliest possible moment and good riddance...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes Bratti, that’s true! I must shut up and put up!
I’m not trying to change your mind or make you feel guilty.
It’s such a personal decision that we each need to make. I’m not judging you. Do what works best for you.

Do you know you can purchase face masks with a metal strip that fits over the nose? This little piece stops the glasses from steaming up since it creates a seal between your nose bridge and your glasses. We have a brand called ‘Tully’ which does this.
At least this will be an improvement for you. Maybe you can do this in stages.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 08:47 AM

I find it restricts my breathing at times as well...I have to find a corner in the shop..lift it up and take in some air...horrible feeling.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 08:58 AM

I will be retaining my mask and keeping a social distance for the foreseeable future, others can do as they please and decide on their own level of risk .

Every 10 days I have an episode where my heart makes me short of breath for about 12 hours and I have to use breathing techniques to complete the smallest of tasks including walking.
The thought of spending weeks in hospital with covid unable to breath without oxygen is my worse nightmare unable to move staring at the ceiling .

The vaccine decreases the chance of severe covid in most vaccinated people, it does not eliminate the chance of being ill with covid for everyone particularly those with comorbidities.
I consider wearing a mask a small price to pay for providing what is logically a degree of protection.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:00 AM

Art try these

COOSKIN Anti-Fog Cloth for Eyeglasses, Reusable 1000 Times and Lasts for 48h, Anti Fogging Glasses Cleaning Cloth, AntiFog Dry Wipe Cleaner/Clothing, Stop Fogging up/Anti Fog Spray for Goggles, find them on Amazon
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
How do you know?

I’ll still safeguard my health thanks. My glasses steam up which I don’t like but I’m sure I’d like it much less if I got sick unexpectedly.
I feel the same Bratti, I won't be discarding my masks anytime soon. I don't wear a mask just because I'm told to, so neither will I stop wearing one when I'm told I can. With the Delta variant still on the climb, I shall continue to do all I can to protect myself. Yes I'm fully vaccinated, but we all know that isn't 100% protection.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I feel the same Bratti, I won't be discarding my masks anytime soon. I don't wear a mask just because I'm told to, so neither will I stop wearing one when I'm told I can. With the Delta variant still on the climb, I shall continue to do all I can to protect myself. Yes I'm fully vaccinated, but we all know that isn't 100% protection.
Sounds sensible.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

04-07-2021, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I will be retaining my mask and keeping a social distance for the foreseeable future, others can do as they please and decide on their own level of risk .

Every 10 days I have an episode where my heart makes me short of breath for about 12 hours and I have to use breathing techniques to complete the smallest of tasks including walking.
The thought of spending weeks in hospital with covid unable to breath without oxygen is my worse nightmare unable to move staring at the ceiling .

The vaccine decreases the chance of severe covid in most vaccinated people, it does not eliminate the chance of being ill with covid for everyone particularly those with comorbidities.
I consider wearing a mask a small price to pay for providing what is logically a degree of protection.
Agree. Great post Meg!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Likewise Bathsheba I stared wearing a home made mask on the odd occasion I had to go out before they were advised.

I have read some data modelling suggesting that by august there will be millions of cases of the delta variant in the UK, if that is so the small number of vaccinated people that catch covid and need hospitalisation will still be considerable.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top