Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:27 PM

Re: Petrol Gauges

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
What fiat model is it mups..?

It's a little Fiat Panda Easy, Primus.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:30 PM

Thank you for all your suggestions folks, much appreciated.

Just one more thing though, if it is the Sender - what the 'eck is a Sender?
Never heard of it.

P.S. Nipped out to the local shop just before it got dark tonight and I see the guage has moved to where it should be.

Wonder why it's taking about 12 hours to do that though?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I always make a habit of resetting the mileage trip meter to zero on filling the tank, that way I know roughly the miles I have done whatever happens.
That's my technique too I know I can get about 700km out of a tank. You soon get into the habit, I use "A" trip meter for individual trip distance, "B" for fuel consumption.

Having said that the fuel gauge is actually pretty accurate
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thank you for all your suggestions folks, much appreciated.

Just one more thing though, if it is the Sender - what the 'eck is a Sender?
Never heard of it.

P.S. Nipped out to the local shop just before it got dark tonight and I see the guage has moved to where it should be.

Wonder why it's taking about 12 hours to do that though?
That sounds like the float is sticking, it’s located in the fuel tank, if it’s run a bit low and not used, it may have stuck down, and not risen until the pressure of the fuel in the tank has pushed it up, ( think cistern ball clock) , if it keeps happening, you need to get it looked at
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That's my technique too I know I can get about 700km out of a tank. You soon get into the habit, I use "A" trip meter for individual trip distance, "B" for fuel consumption.

Having said that the fuel gauge is actually pretty accurate
I also use both the petrol gauge and mileage trip so that when it's on 'half' I fill the tank, that way
I always have at a minimum half a tank of fuel, if for some reason I cannot get to the petrol station. Old habits die hard!

Cars these days are like laptops on wheels, the onboard computer can be used to check fuel consumption, which I do occasionally. The VW Golf 1.6 diesel I drive returns 58-61mpg (93-98km to 4.5 litres), hopefully conversion is correct, which I reckon is brilliant.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 09:47 AM

What fiat model is it mups..?
Fiat Mupster.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 10:07 AM

I also use both the petrol gauge and mileage trip so that when it's on 'half' I fill the tank, that way
I always have at a minimum half a tank of fuel, if for some reason I cannot get to the petrol station. Old habits die hard!

Cars these days are like laptops on wheels, the onboard computer can be used to check fuel consumption, which I do occasionally. The VW Golf 1.6 diesel I drive returns 58-61mpg (93-98km to 4.5 litres), hopefully conversion is correct, which I reckon is brilliant.
My car is not that sophisticated the next model up has all that gear but I decided I could find out the temperature outside by opening the window so I just keep a record of fuel on a spreadsheet.

I don't get anything like the economy that you do but it is a 3 litre turbo diesel driving a 2 tonne vehicle so about 10L/100km is not bad especially as those figures are towing a camper too.

BTW I used to think the "litres per 100km" was a daft measure but I must admit it is actually very useful and like it now.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	16195  
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-07-2021, 10:10 AM

I always have at a minimum half a tank of fuel, if for some reason I cannot get to the petrol station
. Old habits die hard!

Thats what I do too, Baz. I fill up when it gets down to the half way mark.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-07-2021, 10:13 AM

That sounds like the float is sticking, it’s located in the fuel tank, if it’s run a bit low and not used, it may have stuck down, and not risen until the pressure of the fuel in the tank has pushed it up, ( think cistern ball clock) , if it keeps happening, you need to get it looked at

That makes sense Primus, thank you.
I think its due for a service next month, so I'll mention it to them if it's still happening then.
I assume it's safe to leave for a few weeks?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-07-2021, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Fiat Mupster.

Oh you shush.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top