Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 05:18 PM

Re: Would you have challenged this idiot?

Just another aspect of Yobland Britain.

Over the last few decades the people of this country have sunk beyond measure. Not all, of course, but certainly an increasing number who have given up their humanity.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Yes. We should stop taking their food source often for it to be just used as plant fertiliser in the case of sand eels.
I suppose we might, knowingly or unknowingly, eat the food the fertiliser helps to grow. Would stopping the use of it control what some say is an increasing number of troublesome seagulls?

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...o-banish-birds

I think I might have just fought that seagull off and certainly not held onto it. Either that or just let it take the doughnut. Be careful to hide away somewhere the next time I was eating one.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Can you prove he did that ??
To me it looked like he held it to remove the doughnut !
Once he had done that he released it !!
BTW, it is common practice to pacify chickens to hold them by
their legs, upside down !!

Donkeyman !🤔🤔
Can you prove that he did what you say?

Yes, I know all about chickens.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I saw it was alive when he released Mups !
It was just like when your cat is fighting you and you hold it tight
enough to hold it, but not tight enough to hurt it ??
If it had escaped with the dough nut it would have been treated
worse by its mates !!

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗

Dear donkeyman, I can't agree with much of that at all.

For a start I could not see that bird was alive when slung over the wall.

Secondly, it was not remotely like holding a cat tight at all, as he was not holding the body of the bird, he was squeezing its it's flippin' windpipe! I like to to think you wouldn't be holding a cat like that.

Thirdly, he did not 'release it' as you put it. He threw it away.

Fourthly, you do not carry chickens like that to 'pacify them' either. Idiots only carry them like that when they want to grab several at once and haven't got enough hands.

Only those who can't be bothered, or haven't got the knowledge to hold chickens correctly do that, and even then they hold them by their legs, not their throat!! Do you honestly think being held upside down by your ankles would pacify you very much?

We'd best beg to differ on this one, before I squeeze your windpipe - just to hold you tight of course.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 06:27 PM

The guy was a total arse and needing hitting with a bit of 2x4

Would I have challenged him probably yes and thereby got myself abused thumped or in trouble .

Police ? Dont make me laugh .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
That cruelty is not condoned but gulls are apparently becoming more of a nuisance and perhaps even a danger. Should something be done to control numbers?

https://www.devonlive.com/news/histo...eagull-4352682

Yes Mart, they do seem to be a nuisance to a lot of holidaymakers I agree, but that nasty old git should have had the common sense not to stand eating a cake/doughnut when surrounded by hungry Seagulls in the first place.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 06:42 PM

I must say I've always been careful to keep my snacks under cover when at the seaside. When holidaying in Jersey, I was sitting near a fellow who had just bought a prawn sandwich. It must have been one of the better types of sandwich a person could buy. Probably cost a lot.

He put it down and in an instant, a gull swooped down and carried a half of it off. It taught me a lesson about eating where gulls are present in large numbers.

They aren't really seagulls anymore, just gulls. We only used to see them when it was said that the weather was bad at the coast. We are about 35 miles inland and quite often see them in the garden these days.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I suppose we might, knowingly or unknowingly, eat the food the fertiliser helps to grow. Would stopping the use of it control what some say is an increasing number of troublesome seagulls?

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...o-banish-birds

I think I might have just fought that seagull off and certainly not held onto it. Either that or just let it take the doughnut. Be careful to hide away somewhere the next time I was eating one.
The gulls only go where the food is easily obtained!
And they are increasingly found scavenging on our rubbish tips
which are located in the vicinity of towns everywhere ?
Coastal towns also have the added attraction of discarded fishing bait
etc and tourists eating takeaways ? So the onu is on us to make sure
We don't leave shyte laying around l think ??
I also don't approve of cruelty but it is not certain that there was
any in this case??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 07:17 PM

Gulls and having them snaffle chips and so on was part of the summer holidays as I remember. So was buying a bag just to feed them - at least it was where we used to go.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Just another aspect of Yobland Britain.

Over the last few decades the people of this country have sunk beyond measure. Not all, of course, but certainly an increasing number who have given up their humanity.
Cheer up, JBR , Some of us are ok ?

Donkeyman! 😄😄

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top