Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 10:47 AM

Re: Picture of You.

Take away the beard --- me.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
In your avatar, it would be nice to see who I’m talking to?

Do you Agree?

There is a man in mine at the moment, but I have put a picture in my avatar of myself.

Are you shy?

Surely it’s not dangerous to put a pic up of us oldies, who on earth would want to steal my picture,

It would be really nice to see who I’m talking to..instead of a cat, duck, horse, etc..
As nice as it might be to see who you are 'talking to', it could also prove very 'dodgy' in this day and age of scams etc.

For instance a photograph of anyone can be used to find another photograph of that person on the internet. The odds are that a person will use a particular photograph for their avatar on OFF, which is possibly the same as one on another website. For instance their account on a well-known social networking site can easily be found, and depending on their settings anything from there, used in any way at all. It's not necessarily the initial 'theft' of an avatar photograph from here or anywhere else, it's what can be found in relation to that person's photograph.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Take away the beard --- me.

I love you with that beard, watch out wifey.......

When I can see a face of that person I feel a real connection.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
As nice as it might be to see who you are 'talking to', it could also prove very 'dodgy' in this day and age of scams etc.

For instance a photograph of anyone can be used to find another photograph of that person on the internet. The odds are that a person will use a particular photograph for their avatar on OFF, which is possibly the same as one on another website. For instance their account on a well-known social networking site can easily be found, and depending on their settings anything from there, used in any way at all. It's not necessarily the initial 'theft' of an avatar photograph from here or anywhere else, it's what can be found in relation to that person's photograph.

I have never had any problems in that area Baz....my pics are plastered all over FB......
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 10:54 AM

Me
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

11-07-2021, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I like my old Cuban lady sitting in her bright clothes not giving a monkeys. I'm quite happy to have her representing me on here! Ask me again in a few years - we'll likely all be holographic by then anyway!
When lurking around here few weeks ago, Pixie, I thought that old lady was you! LOL!

I thought this place was really weird - so that's why I joined!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-07-2021, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Me

Love that pic susan...such a lovely smile...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-07-2021, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
When lurking around here few weeks ago, Pixie, I thought that old lady was you! LOL!

I thought this place was a really weird - so that's why I joined!
It’s so nice to see you UGC...nice pic...
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

11-07-2021, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Love that pic susan...such a lovely smile...
Great pic of you, Pauline! Nice to see your face!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Awwwww!
Hey Tiff, lovely to see 'you' x

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top