Join for free
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 01:04 PM

Lillehammer

I'm watching and enjoying a series on Netflix at the moment called 'Lillehammer'. It's about an American mobster who gives information to the law about another mobster in exchange for a new identity in another country.

He chose Lillehammer in Norway because he'd watched the 1994 Winter Olympics held there and thought it looked a nice place.

A good tale all in all. It could be described as a 'black comedy'.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 01:34 PM

Re: Lillehammer

Originally Posted by mart ->
I'm watching and enjoying a series on Netflix at the moment called 'Lillehammer'. It's about an American mobster who gives information to the law about another mobster in exchange for a new identity in another country.

He chose Lillehammer in Norway because he'd watched the 1994 Winter Olympics held there and thought it looked a nice place.

A good tale all in all. It could be described as a 'black comedy'.
I watched the first series a few years ago and, IIRC, it's called "Lilyhammer" (for a couple of reasons) and it stars Steven Van Zandt, best known as a member of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band and widely known as Silvio Dante in "The Sopranos" .....

It was recommended to me by a lady much older than myself who had managed (somehow) not to hear the regularly used F-word .....

Highly enjoyable .....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 01:55 PM

Sorry, quite right.. 'Lilyhammer'
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 03:58 PM

Saw this series when it was first transmitted a few years back. IIRC it's a spin off from The Sopranos.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top