Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 01:15 PM

Re: How would you feel if....

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What, black joggers, white T shirt and jeans or shorts? I wouldn't mind in the slightest. we fashion icons believe that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Bruce that reminds me of Steve Jobs, and his all in black look with turtleneck, super short hair and glasses. I noticed after that, men who wanted to be regarded slightly boffin-ish and techy, all adopted that look!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 01:57 PM

As others have said, it depends on the occasion and the sort of clothes we're talking about. Jeans and top, even identical jeans and top, no problem. But if I was at a smart event, wedding or similar, then I think I'd be disappointed if someone else was wearing the exact same dress/outfit. (Particularly if it looked a damn sight better on them than me ).

I can remember once putting a coat back on the rail when I saw a woman at least 15 years older than me about to take it to the till
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 02:40 PM

It has rarely if at all happened to me, but I do admire some distinct tops and such that I have considered purchasing in catalogs. I will give compliments if I can to the wearer.

No, it wouldn't bother me to see another "mirror image" of myself at a gathering. Kind of a compliment, I would hope that the outfit was appropriate for the occasion.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
As others have said, it depends on the occasion and the sort of clothes we're talking about. Jeans and top, even identical jeans and top, no problem. But if I was at a smart event, wedding or similar, then I think I'd be disappointed if someone else was wearing the exact same dress/outfit. (Particularly if it looked a damn sight better on them than me ).

I can remember once putting a coat back on the rail when I saw a woman at least 15 years older than me about to take it to the till
Well that's a point too isn't it! Not only are you both wearing the same thing, but to think someone else wears it better, gosh, double whammy
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

19-07-2021, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
It has rarely if at all happened to me, but I do admire some distinct tops and such that I have considered purchasing in catalogs. I will give compliments if I can to the wearer.

No, it wouldn't bother me to see another "mirror image" of myself at a gathering. Kind of a compliment, I would hope that the outfit was appropriate for the occasion.
I can go up and compliment someone, if they are wearing something that looks lovely....I couldn't do it if they wore the same thing as me though. They would have to say to me first so we could laugh
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
l wouldn’t mind if someone was wearing the same as me.

Aren’t you supposed to just congratulate them on their good taste?
This would be my exact reaction. In fact I’d probably laugh out while I slipped in a ‘ what great taste you have ‘comment. Im sure she / he would laugh too.

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh that's an idea, yes....never thought of that!
It’s a better thought pattern than what you originally thought, huh? Might as well go with the flow and laugh it off. You never know when and where you’ll meet a new friend.
Chillie6
Bristol UK
Chillie6 is male  Chillie6 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 03:46 PM

I would not care as most of my wardrobe is as my wife says unique.
Not quite sure what she means.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

19-07-2021, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
This would be my exact reaction. In fact I’d probably laugh out while I slipped in a ‘ what great taste you have ‘comment. Im sure she / he would laugh too.

It’s a better thought pattern than what you originally thought, huh? Might as well go with the flow and laugh it off. You never know when and where you’ll meet a new friend.
Yes, its true, just go with the flow and stop imagining the awkwardness!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I once went to a night club wearing a long emerald green dress with straps that crossed over at the back.

As we were being shown to our table I passed a woman wearing exactly the same dress.

We both took stock of one another for a second then simultaneously said 'Snap' & laughed.

It didn't really bother me.

I think thats how I would be too. It would make me laugh, rather than bother me.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 07:25 PM

How would you feel if someone told you this..

It appears the LibDems have entirely given up trying to win the votes of anyone who isn’t middle-class and university-educated. Last Thursday Bath MP Wera Hobhouse went off-script and came out with remarkable claim:

“This morning, a contributor on Radio 4 said that it is only ever posh people who say that the less fortunate people in our communities do not want to be told by posh people what to do, but in fact they do, or, at least, they want some responsible guidance.”

What is it about being married to the Eton-educated Hon. William Hobhouse, son of Baron Hobhouse of Woodborough, that makes Wera Benedicta von Reden think the deserving poor want to be told by her what to do…
From order-order…

I know what I would tell her…it ends in ‘off’

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top