Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 12:51 PM

Re: Bad start...

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It's the same at our Leisure Centre, No mask, No entry,I quizzed the girl on the desk about it a few weeks back, and she told me that they don't recognise the exempt bands.Seems daft to me as all the chlorine in the air kills the virus.........according to the lifeguards.

Roxy all the time I've been going to my local leisure centre I've had no problem with my exemption badge. The receptionist actually said to me 'I'm so please you're wearing a badge Carol. It makes out job easier'

The badge I have was given to me by a nurse at the hospital where I had my throat operation last Sept. I had gone into hospital wearing a visor but there was this one jumped up nurse who was getting on at me to wear a mask. She really got on my nerves but then another kinder nurse gave me the exemption badge so they accepted me with my visor. Oh what a fuss!!!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Not in they eyes of the law.
Not in strictly legal terms though it comes down to the particular shop /whatever.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Please explain why you can be so 100% sure?
She was 100% correct in making the call that she did. You were going in to a place that people with all sorts of medical problems would be using. Minimising the risk of contamination with covid must surely take absolutely top priority.

THAT is why she was 100% correct in her actions.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Not in strictly legal terms though it comes down to the particular shop /whatever.
And there was me foolishly thinking that registered companies and businesses had to comply with the law of the land.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 01:12 PM

She was 100% correct in making the call that she did. You were going in to a place that people with all sorts of medical problems would be using. Minimising the risk of contamination with covid must surely take absolutely top priority.

In which case the doctor was 100% incorrect.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

23-07-2021, 01:17 PM

You were going in to a place that people with all sorts of medical problems would be using. Minimising the risk of contamination with covid must surely take absolutely top priority.
But what if a mask causes medical problems for someone who is exempt?

If the exempt person takes all due care, then I would intuitively feel that the probability of a problem is lower than it would be if that person were forced to wear a mask.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

23-07-2021, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
But what if a mask causes medical problems for someone who is exempted?

If the exempted person takes all due care, then I would intuitively feel that the probability of a problem is lower than it would be if that person were forced to wear a mask.
Indeed. There's another recent thread on here which exemplifies this.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 01:20 PM

Surely it's a matter of sense & reason & using one's common sense?

Tony & I were the only ones in the waiting room except for one man sitting 3 metres away from us. He went into the doctor & then it just left us. Still she decided to have another go at me!!

I just lost my temper - couldn't help it!!

I think her sense & reason had taken a flying leap.

Maybe she was a jobsworth?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

23-07-2021, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
But what if a mask causes medical problems for someone who is exempted?

If the exempted person takes all due care, then I would intuitively feel that the probability of a problem is lower than it would be if that person were forced to wear a mask.
Then they should not have gone and made other arrangements.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

23-07-2021, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Surely it's a matter of sense & reason & using one's common sense?

Tony & I were the only ones in the waiting room except for one man sitting 3 metres away from us. He went into the doctor & then it just left us. Still she decided to have another go at me!!

I just lost my temper - couldn't help it!!

I think her sense & reason had taken a flying leap.

Maybe she was a jobsworth?
No. She was doing her job diligently.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top