Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 09:25 PM

Re: I've noticed a disturbing trend

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I bet that is an absolute nightmare, some photographers can be so critical.
I think the main thing is to see how high in the list you can get rather than expect to win. The best I've done so far is 76th out of 637 photos entered.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I think the main thing is to see how high in the list you can get rather than expect to win. The best I've done so far is 76th out of 637 photos entered.
That's bloody good.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 09:33 PM

That's bloody good.
Well ..maybe but that has to be offset by the worst that I've done. 2039th out of 2655 entries.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Well ..maybe but that has to be offset by the worst that I've done. 2039th out of 2655 entries.

Shhhhhh!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 10:18 AM

I have seen that too Baz.
When I first saw an example of what happens I just could not believe it! A piece of breaded fish had been cooked and gently prised apart, then someone sat there with a pair of tweezers placing almost every visible flake of fish so that it presented far better aesthetically than it otherwise would have done. It was then photographed with all the lighting precisely placed. After that it was still not finalised as it was then 'Photoshopped' to obtain the final product, a 'mouth-watering picture' in a magazine or press advertisement.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
When I first saw an example of what happens I just could not believe it! A piece of breaded fish had been cooked and gently prised apart, then someone sat there with a pair of tweezers placing almost every visible flake of fish so that it presented far better aesthetically than it otherwise would have done. It was then photographed with all the lighting precisely placed. After that it was still not finalised as it was then 'Photoshopped' to obtain the final product, a 'mouth-watering picture' in a magazine or press advertisement.
Ahhh...so that's why the product never looks as good as it does on the packet!! Imagine doing that for a living

"Hello dear, how was your day?"
"Oh, I tweezered some fish flakes for 4 hours"
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Ahhh...so that's why the product never looks as good as it does on the packet!! Imagine doing that for a living

"Hello dear, how was your day?"
"Oh, I tweezered some fish flakes for 4 hours"
That's why and it's all psychological, designed to persuade you to buy one product against another!

It might sound rather tedious but it was well-paid and interesting, no two product are the same so each requires a different procedure. Nowadays though all that might be done on the computer, programs today are very clever. I guess also it doesn't cost as much to do it on the screen.

I've been out of that industry for around 20 years now so I expect there's been many changes in technology during that time!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top