Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 08:10 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

I enjoyed that excellent poem of yours Spitty, great piece of work.

Ever since I read Moby Dick as a child I was always interested in sea creatures great and small. It seems now that the deeper they go down in the oceans the weirder the creatures are, there are some wonderful photos if you look them up.
Hollywood has been providing us with images of what the screen writers imagine aliens from space would look like for over a hundred years now, but they haven’t a patch on the real aliens from the bottom of the earths oceans, we know so little of what’s really down there.

This fella, called a Blobfish reminds me of my old Uncle Henry on my mothers side, smug looking git ain’t he?.
The first thing that came into my mind when I saw this chap was what a lovely unusual cuddly toy he would make, you never see fish as cuddly toys do you? You could sing this old song to your grandchildren as you tuck them into bed clutching their new cuddly fish close to their chests.
“You will have a fishy
On a little dishy
You will have a fishy
When the boat comes in”

Now here’s a fella that would scare the life out of Dracula himself, the Vampire fish.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 06:46 AM

That first picture could be Blobert Junior (sorry RJ), what about all these half stories, the stolen Gold Toilet for example, I'm surprised no one approached me to ""organically "smelt""" it.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That first picture could be Blobert Junior (sorry RJ), what about all these half stories, the stolen Gold Toilet for example, I'm surprised no one approached me to ""organically "smelt""" it.

I 'smelt' a rat as I thought this was one of those arty Banksy type pranks by the artist to get more publicity.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 09:43 AM

Ye gods Jem with a face that only a mother could love, that poor little Blobfish wouldn't need battering down at the Chippy's would it!. Jobs already done.

I love nature and all it offers but have now come to dread these new discoveries because no sooner do we 'discover' things we then we manage to kill them. These latest deep water finds have no fear of man...yet... and it should stay that way. Discover, log it then leave well alone and don't broadcast it because as sure as eggs are eggs every Tom, Dick or Harry will want to see them come hell or high water

The little fishy ditty reminds me of the Herring girls who followed the herring shoals and if you have ever gutted a fish you'll know what a dirty job that was.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 09:16 PM

I do like a kipper now and again Solo, they’re tasty, tasty. very very tasty.

I wouldn't mind getting me hands on that gold jacks pot Spitty, 18ct. gold, one could make a right few rings with that, all old fashioned designs of course, none of your modern crap.

Hate is a very bad emotion, it eats it’s way from the inside out and shows itself on the person, some are “consumed by hate” and you can practically smell it off them.
I may dislike some folks but hate is beyond me I’m happy to say.
A friend of mine from way back was married to a nice looking local girl, I knew them both very well back then. Something happened between them, I never found out what it was, and love turned to hate, and I mean hate.
He went to Australia and she stayed here in her mother’s house, thankfully they had no children. I don’t know what happened to him after he left but she’s in her seventies now and has never got over the split, she’s a cranky bitter woman these days, she talks to nobody and nobody tries to talk to her anymore, they gave up trying to be friendly. I passed her on the street today, I smiled and said hello, all I got back was a grunt. But I still can’t help feeling sorry for the way she turned out.

She is so filled with hate that she cannot think straight
And her fists are gripped in a rage
Her knuckles are white, she’s a terrible sight
Like something you’d see in a cage
’Tis all so very scary
Hard to imagine she has the gentle name of Mary.

The wife was watching an old film she had recorded earlier called “Beyond Tomorrow”, a real tear jerker if ever there was one, and right up her alley, anyway I was playing dominoes on the laptop and taking the odd glance at it every now and then and although I wasn’t with it long enough to get the gist of it I saw three men on the screen who had died in a plane crash and went wherever, they were transparent as they walked around, then. as they were parting one says goodbye and another fella says “”It’s not goodbye, we’re all here forever” so the third fella says “Well good luck then”

My question is, what use is good luck to you when your dead?

Sorry folks, but that’s what daytime television does to a man.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 10:36 PM

I like the Third Mans Theme, makes a change for the Tree Fella.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

20-09-2019, 07:16 AM

Once went out with a Lady from quite a wealthy background, she was very raunchy, she thought nothing of misappropriating her assets.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

20-09-2019, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I like the Third Mans Theme, makes a change for the Tree Fella.
Very clever Spitty.

I always liked this one from Tommy Cooper.
Three cross eyed fellas were standing before a cross eyed judge, The judge asks the first fella his name, the second fella says “John Smith”, the judge says “I didn’t ask you” and the third fella says “I didn’t say anything your honour”

Old smokers know all about the third man on a match.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

22-09-2019, 07:37 AM

I love song lyrics, in the main, they save you the trouble of having to put pen to paper, a couple of minutes listening can save hours of thinking

This line is a classic

I can't help about the shape I'm in
I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin
But don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to.

solo
UK

22-09-2019, 08:45 PM

Ahhhh it also gives as good a reason as any to play music that feeds the soul.

Peter Green at his best

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top