Join for free
Page 551 of 1676 « First < 51 451 501 541 549 550 551 552 553 561 601 651 1051 1551 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 07:46 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
wot my God man - I've never shared my pros with 'im - he's got 'is own! and more prawns to put on the barbie - [not miss barbie you understand?]

an anyways I thought you lived on an island disconnected from the Limmy breed??
One certainly does,old chap. Those dashed 'dirty limmys' do insist on conjuring up reasons for one's idyllic solitude to be marred by their accursed inabilities to co-exist peacefully with one another,however. Why,just this very morning,whilst one was strolling in the quiet havens of one's beaches,one's tranquillity was interrupted by some cove masquerading as a postman,who informed me I have a parcel arriving 'pon the morrow. The MORROW,for goodness sake! Upon enquiring why he hadn't brought it with him,he informed me the parcel in question is "Still at the depot,innit" and that he wouldn't be arriving at aforementioned depot until "Me shift's over,soze I can load up fer termorra". Hmm...one can but wonder what postmen of yesteryear would make of such antics. So,as Putin has garnered himself the spotlight for another term,that Trump chap is still 'tweeting' nonsense,Mrs May is still in close-quarter combat with her own party,the EU remain determined nobody must leave their prison confines,North Anywhere still hates South Anywhere...and politeness and decent manners are seen as a weakness,rather than the mark of a gentleman - then,yes,one is perfectly happy to be resident on a small island upon which wildlife may flourish without fear,birds sing in happy trilling harmonies,the pooches gambol and play without need of restraining leads...and no miserable neighbours whinge at my plugging a guitar into the amp stack at 3am. Meh...my world may be small-but it's mine and I love it. [btw;Croc says he's chucked a shrimp on the barbie just for you and asked me to remind you to bring a few 'cold ones']. M'kay?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 08:08 PM

Good for you Pug me lad! Wish I was living on an Island with the fish a jumpin’, the birds a tweetin’ and the cotton as high as an elephants eye, sure if you put one or two pubs there it would be sheer paradise. Enjoy it while you may, you lucky devil.

Thinking about what RJ was saying and a mid life crisis made me wonder is there any such thing in reality? I was chewing this over with my old mate Wally in the pub today.
At the age of 72 I have been through all the ‘stages’ of life, baby, toddler, schoolboy, youth, man, husband, father, grandfather, and now old man. I’ve passed from no hair to black and on to grey hair, acquired a few wrinkles here and there, eyesight not the best and the hearing is on the way out, but what matter, it all comes with old age and we all know thats what happens.
Having said all that I never considered any stage of life as a ‘crisis’ at the time, it was just nature taking it’s course, crisis is when your wife dies suddenly or your house burns down, real serious stuff like that.
What is it with folks that when they are young they hope for a long life and when they get it they start complaining about being old, not saying anyone here is complaining but you’d want to hear some of the old moaners up in the local, they never stop telling you about their complaints and if you didn’t try to steer them off the subject they would go on all day.
While my heart truly bleeds for genuine sick folks, some of these people seem to enjoy their various petty complaints “Yes but my headaches are far worse than yours” arguing about who has more right to complain, so stupid in my humble opinion. I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s best to make the best out of every day, try to keep your good side out, don’t be nasty to anyone unless they are nasty to you first, and don’t get into pointless arguments, as Charlie Chan says “Only foolish man continue to argue when case is lost”
Yes you’ve guessed it, I’ve been watching all the remastered Charlie Chan films on Youtube, some very good little who-done-its to be solved. What a strange name the Chan creator had ‘Earl Derr Biggers’ that’s just crying out for a poem, where’s Spitty when you need him?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:37 PM

I rather feel THIS sums up our human paradox of 'I've outlived my body' really nicely,young Jem. [young at heart,old in wisdom-good enough,bruv!]

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:49 PM

That picture is so true, what's the point of having clean air, healthy food and plenty of exercise when your going to kick the bucket at thirty, why one could be in the middle of a naked cha cha cha at the time.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Good for you Pug me lad! Wish I was living on an Island with the fish a jumpin’, the birds a tweetin’ and the cotton as high as an elephants eye, sure if you put one or two pubs there it would be sheer paradise. Enjoy it while you may, you lucky devil.

Thinking about what RJ was saying and a mid life crisis made me wonder is there any such thing in reality? I was chewing this over with my old mate Wally in the pub today.
At the age of 72 I have been through all the ‘stages’ of life, baby, toddler, schoolboy, youth, man, husband, father, grandfather, and now old man. I’ve passed from no hair to black and on to grey hair, acquired a few wrinkles here and there, eyesight not the best and the hearing is on the way out, but what matter, it all comes with old age and we all know thats what happens.
Having said all that I never considered any stage of life as a ‘crisis’ at the time, it was just nature taking it’s course, crisis is when your wife dies suddenly or your house burns down, real serious stuff like that.
What is it with folks that when they are young they hope for a long life and when they get it they start complaining about being old, not saying anyone here is complaining but you’d want to hear some of the old moaners up in the local, they never stop telling you about their complaints and if you didn’t try to steer them off the subject they would go on all day.
While my heart truly bleeds for genuine sick folks, some of these people seem to enjoy their various petty complaints “Yes but my headaches are far worse than yours” arguing about who has more right to complain, so stupid in my humble opinion. I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s best to make the best out of every day, try to keep your good side out, don’t be nasty to anyone unless they are nasty to you first, and don’t get into pointless arguments, as Charlie Chan says “Only foolish man continue to argue when case is lost”
Yes you’ve guessed it, I’ve been watching all the remastered Charlie Chan films on Youtube, some very good little who-done-its to be solved. What a strange name the Chan creator had ‘Earl Derr Biggers’ that’s just crying out for a poem, where’s Spitty when you need him?
steady on there Jem lad - Sweetie Pie bring the cold compress I think our Jem is spikin a fever - he keeps mutterin and mutterin and won't stop - maybe a pint of guine ess will calm in down - no not to drink me dear - rectally.

remember what that young Oirish fella used to sing about in is song "naturally"

"alone again - rectally" - yes calms the mind down bum didi bum didid bum bum bum! there there he's stopped shakin now - yes one more pint will do the trick - lift his legs up higher - god he has got a hairy bum ain't he just!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 12:52 AM

is this wot ya call a middy life xmas??

An elderly couple are having breakfast in their house, it’s their 50th anniversary, the man says to his wife, “ 50 years ago today we were sat at this very table both of us stark naked” , “I remember “ says the wife, “ shall we get naked again” so they both strip off and are sat there without a stitch on. “ you know my love” says the wife, “my breasts still burn for you like they did all those years ago “ “ well “ the husband replies, “ I’m not surprised, ones in your tea, and the others in your porridge “..
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

20-03-2018, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
I rather feel THIS sums up our human paradox of 'I've outlived my body' really nicely,young Jem. [young at heart,old in wisdom-good enough,bruv!]

this business of nobody lives past thirty are we talkin about 11.30pm or 12.30am here?? - just for clarity you understand and dear old RJ will no doubt be curious? or is this just a dirty low down limmy trick?
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 09:11 AM

Or as Basil Brush used to say, Dirty Gerty from number Thirty.

BOOM BOOM.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

20-03-2018, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
this business of nobody lives past thirty are we talkin about 11.30pm or 12.30am here?? - just for clarity you understand and dear old RJ will no doubt be curious? or is this just a dirty low down limmy trick?
T'was actually a reference toward Dirty Gurty from number 30,gummy. It's a well-known truth that any man-even a 'dirty limmy',being enticed across her doorstep,shall emerge no more,never again to see the sunlight....'tho,t'is also said,those same men have the happiest,most sated demises of all. Hmm...one can but wonder who revealed such knowledge of Dee-Gee's intensity re bedroom antics...
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 12:39 PM

Hello Possums
Goodness, I have missed so much!!!!
Midlife crisis! They say those who predict such things, that we will live to 115yrs. Now that is most likely new generations, so let's say 104yrs for us, that to me indicates that midlife crisis would occur at the age of 52!
Now hold on! I thought it was my hot flushes, damn things never help in the snow, oh no, they descend upon us poor women in the early hours, when suddenly blissful sleep becomes a heated nightmare. I have had the desire to roll naked in that snow, in a desperate attempt to cool down.
But enough of that nonsense from me, AGE is just a number. I would come and sit and talk to you lovely people in the real world. You would most likely be worn out by my chatter, but I say this in all honesty.
So be happy my friends - Spring is here!

Page 551 of 1676 « First < 51 451 501 541 549 550 551 552 553 561 601 651 1051 1551 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top