Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 04:43 PM

Re: Time for ID cards?

I seem to recall that the problem with the original proposal stemmed from the idea we should have all but the kitchen sink stored on this database. If its like a passport then i am fine with that but adding NI medical records and all sorts of other BS is not on. An ID card should be simply that and i agree with how germany is set up with registration when you move. Otherwise how can you keep track of people and plan services? Of course that system goes back to war years but we abandoned it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 04:46 PM

If they start chipping humans here that would be me leaving the country. We are not animals. (Well not most of us!)
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 05:01 PM

Everything is being carefully orchestrated to usher in the era of humans being "bagged and tagged". Contactless bank cards are merely a forerunner to human RFID chipping. It is coming. In fact it has been here for some years. Many 1000s of people have already had RFID chips implanted under their skin.

Orwell was clearly a time traveller.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 05:09 PM

There are already too many "spies" prying into private lives as it is already,. we certainly don't want any more
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
There are already too many "spies" prying into private lives as it is already,. we certainly don't want any more
WE may not --- but there's now many millions of people in this country who definitely do.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Everything is being carefully orchestrated to usher in the era of humans being "bagged and tagged". Contactless bank cards are merely a forerunner to human RFID chipping. It is coming. In fact it has been here for some years. Many 1000s of people have already had RFID chips implanted under their skin.

Orwell was clearly a time traveller.
Enoch Powell very much more so.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

27-06-2019, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I seem to recall that the problem with the original proposal stemmed from the idea we should have all but the kitchen sink stored on this database. If its like a passport then i am fine with that but adding NI medical records and all sorts of other BS is not on. An ID card should be simply that and i agree with how germany is set up with registration when you move. Otherwise how can you keep track of people and plan services? Of course that system goes back to war years but we abandoned it.
I suspect you may not be aware of just how much data about people is included in the Passport Data Base.

No earthly reason why a comprehensive data record should be part of the ID data base and a lot of VERY GOOD reasons why it should.

It wouldn't be on the card per se but on the data base that the card is the key to. Same principle as a driving license.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

27-06-2019, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I suspect you may not be aware of just how much data about people is included in the Passport Data Base.

No earthly reason why a comprehensive data record should be part of the ID data base and a lot of VERY GOOD reasons why it should.

It wouldn't be on the card per se but on the data base that the card is the key to. Same principle as a driving license.

It's insistence on this that has stopped ID cards being launched. Makes far more sense to just have an ID card that is an ID card. You name, address and date of birth, eye and hair colour, height and a photo. Same as passports were before. The more data is linked in the more the dratted things will cost. It's all a gravy train for developers and IT companies.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 08:23 PM

It's insistence on this that has stopped ID cards being launched. Makes far more sense to just have an ID card that is an ID card. You name, address and date of birth, eye and hair colour, height and a photo. Same as passports were before. The more data is linked in the more the dratted things will cost. It's all a gravy train for developers and IT companies.
Have to agree there Annie, there is always someone out there waiting to make a fast buck on any scheme.
I had two letters this morning, just two letters. One was from BT to kindly inform us that BT sport is going up by £4 a month to £10 per month and the Entertainment Channel (which we have for Netflix) by another £1 per month.

This after we changed from Sky to BT because of their offer for the free BT sports channel.
That didn't last long, did it?

Thanks BT. You really made my day.

It's back to Sky then.

The other letter was from my bank to kindly inform us that the fee we pay for our current account is rising by £3 a month. Back to a basic current account it is then, and buy our own much cheaper annual Breakdown Service for the car.

That is a price hike of £8. I wonder if our State Pension will give the same pay rise. NOT!

It would be the same with ID cards. What's the betting that it would start off for free, then a small administrative charge, then off we go with the annual price rises and the reduction of applying every 10 years to probably two years!!

If there is a way for someone to make a buck, we plebs are always available.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

27-06-2019, 09:53 PM

Sadly that won't deliver what is now required. Even passports are highly digitised and are an entry tool to a database.

Each passport has an embedded chip that contains some biometric information that will soon be extended in addition to the ocr strip, also a machine readable feature but behind these, and a couple of other bits, is the data bases.

Like it or lump it, a personal ID card is going to have to be introduced, and soon.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top