Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 09:09 AM

What makes you laugh?

In an attempt to avoid online articles on the B word, I have found myself delving deeper and came across an article on what will happen when the Queen dies .....

During this time, the BBC will refrain from airing any comedies or humorous television content. This is done as a sign of respect for the queen to discourage people from laughing. News anchors are required to change into dark, mournful apparel before making the announcement about the queen’s death on TV.

As far as I am concerned, I don't think the BBC will have to alter their programme schedule too much with regard to the comedies they currently show, but humour is such a personal thing, hence my original question .....

What makes you laugh?

I must admit to laughing at reruns of 'Only Fools and Horses'.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 09:33 AM

Re: What makes you laugh?

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
In an attempt to avoid online articles on the B word, I have found myself delving deeper and came across an article on what will happen when the Queen dies .....

During this time, the BBC will refrain from airing any comedies or humorous television content. This is done as a sign of respect for the queen to discourage people from laughing. News anchors are required to change into dark, mournful apparel before making the announcement about the queen’s death on TV.

As far as I am concerned, I don't think the BBC will have to alter their programme schedule too much with regard to the comedies they currently show, but humour is such a personal thing, hence my original question .....

What makes you laugh?

I must admit to laughing at reruns of 'Only Fools and Horses'.

I agree. Asking the BBC not to broadcast anything funny is like asking Status Quo to play a song using only three chords.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 09:35 AM

You've been framed makes me laugh but only the genuine mis-haps, not the obviously set up ones or the ones that border on child neglect.

I also still laugh at Friends, even though I have seen them a million times.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 09:43 AM

Asking the BBC not to broadcast anything funny is like asking Status Quo to play a song using only three chords.

Now THAT made me laugh, LD!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

I agree. Asking the BBC not to broadcast anything funny is like asking Status Quo to play a song using only three chords.
Oiy.....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 10:02 AM

Fawlty Towers used to really make me laugh as did on the buses and love thy neighbour. These days nothing makes me laugh on TV, plenty makes me cry though
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Fawlty Towers used to really make me laugh as did on the buses and love thy neighbour. These days nothing makes me laugh on TV, plenty makes me cry though

I know what you mean, Queenie.
Comedy has changed so much and very little amuses me now, like the old comedies used to.

I think stand-up is the worst of all.
It is normally nothing but continual 'F' words.
The swearing isn't even in context or necessary to the 'joke', it is just sentence after sentence of bad language. It doesn't take wit to do that. I could stand up and swear like a trouper if I felt like it. Where's the skill or humour in that?

I can't think of one single comedy programme on at the mo, that I would make sure not to miss.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-10-2019, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Oiy.....
Morning Foxy.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 10:47 AM

Comedy today is so predictable and for the main quite unfunny.

It was the unpredicatable humour in past shows that caught you off guard and caused you to burst out laughing.

Dave Allen, Till Death do us part, Steptoe ect to name a few all had different themes so you never knew what was going to be said.

Most of that humour is no longer allowed and you are now shamed for even thinking it was funny.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-10-2019, 10:50 AM

Like, it's it's like those pathetic adverts for a well known bank that like, show stand up 'comediennes' like, attempting to like make us laugh.

They are just not funny.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top