Join for free
Page 7 of 46 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 06:59 PM

Re: Sarah Everard

the reality is that an attack out of the blue is shocking .
People aren’t prepared for it .
Especially today where people walk about with headphones on they are divorced from outside signals of dangers .
More effective and loud alarms needed
Some employers are aware of this
Ie All M and S employees are issued with alarms to carry in their pockets .
Perhaps everyone should have a tracker on their person .
I believe that the royal family have trackers in their childrens ‘ clothing .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Twink yes I heard that on the news and it appears that a couple of colleagues may have handle the IE complaints lightly .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56368531

Sometimes sexual deviants display behaviour that can escalate so they may start off with self exposure/'peeping tom' activity then progress to rape or murder. So any deviant behaviour should be noted .
It is a sad fact that often men will support friends & colleagues for acts like indecent exposure because they feel it doesn't harm anybody.
When I was a teenager a man, who kept offering me a lift in his car, became so desperate that he exposed himself to me. I told him to get lost & ran home .....about 200 yards away! My parents would have never let me out of the house again, if I told them, so I told the younger policeman I used to baby sit for about it! He took all the details & didn't mention it to my parents, but a few weeks later he said I didn't need to go to court as he has been arrested, following reports from lots of other women, and was serving time in prison!
Men like that are pathetic perverts & will probably never change! I don't want to think what trauma this poor young woman may have gone through, but her parents must wonder and are probablu going though hell!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I often have my keys in my hand ready for some nut case to jump out, particularly at night and particularly when walking my dog. I also keep a metal pen in my pocket which I wouldn't hesitate to use on an attacker.
If walking the dog on my own after dark I often think his full poo bag would be a good way to fend off any random attacker.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 09:09 PM

I have an aerosol canister of Deep Heat spray (which is for sore muscles), and I keep it handy in my backpack for when I have cramp in my calf muscles. It's legal to carry, but a faceful of that would REALLY discourage any attacker as well as give them a nice, strong smell.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It is a sad fact that often men will support friends & colleagues for acts like indecent exposure because they feel it doesn't harm anybody.
When I was a teenager a man, who kept offering me a lift in his car, became so desperate that he exposed himself to me. I told him to get lost & ran home .....about 200 yards away! My parents would have never let me out of the house again, if I told them, so I told the younger policeman I used to baby sit for about it! He took all the details & didn't mention it to my parents, but a few weeks later he said I didn't need to go to court as he has been arrested, following reports from lots of other women, and was serving time in prison!
Men like that are pathetic perverts & will probably never change! I don't want to think what trauma this poor young woman may have gone through, but her parents must wonder and are probablu going though hell!
This reminds me of when I got flashed at when I was about 6. I'd fallen in the pond at a local park early one morning (it was in the days when it was ok to go wandering off). Anyway, I hid in the long grass trying to dry off before going home into trouble(!), and this black lab came sniffing over and barking. A guy followed shortly after, saw me, laughed and flashed at me. Gives me the heebie jeebies to think about how bad it could have got, but I ran off home. I never told a soul - I was too worried about getting a smack.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good post Ted, you wouldn't find me walking anywhere late at night round London, or Doncaster come to think of it, let alone in an unlit park. People should take more responsibility for their safety.
I mentioned about her walking across CC in the dark early on the thread.
It’s incomprehensible why any woman would take that risk ,unless of course it was heaving with people and we know that wouldn’t have been so ,given lockdown .
As it was she was seen after that so surely there must have been some interaction between the two of them?
I know we see on tv women and men being bundled into cars but not by a lone person .
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
the reality is that an attack out of the blue is shocking .
People aren’t prepared for it .
Especially today where people walk about with headphones on they are divorced from outside signals of dangers .
More effective and loud alarms needed
Some employers are aware of this
Ie All M and S employees are issued with alarms to carry in their pockets .
Perhaps everyone should have a tracker on their person .
I believe that the royal family have trackers in their childrens ‘ clothing .
Good post.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 09:42 PM

And it's not just sex pests to watch out for while walking alone. Muggers, Drunks, Junkies and worst of all...Gangs. Fortunately none of them are usually about first thing in the morning when I go out.
Suedonim
UK
Suedonim is female 

12-03-2021, 11:55 PM

To say it happens to men as well is minimising what women endure. Men might think this or that area is dodgy and avoid it but women have to think about these things *all the time*, not just now and again.

Today on The World at One it was said that in a survey, one third of girls had been sexually harassed in co-Ed schools by boys. One third! Either a few boys are very busy or there are many boys who have no respect for females.

Read this article about a woman being harassed whilst picking her child up from school. Not ‘provocatively’ dressed, day time, other people around, with a child.

Has any man ever been subjected to this kind of behaviour?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e_iOSApp_Other
Suedonim
UK
Suedonim is female 

12-03-2021, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I mentioned about her walking across CC in the dark early on the thread.
It’s incomprehensible why any woman would take that risk ,unless of course it was heaving with people and we know that wouldn’t have been so ,given lockdown .
As it was she was seen after that so surely there must have been some interaction between the two of them?
I know we see on tv women and men being bundled into cars but not by a lone person .

Ah, so it was her own fault she was murdered, because she crossed a park on her own?

Page 7 of 46 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top