Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2013, 06:52 PM

Re: Members of Internet Forums?

Thanks Meg appreciated
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 04:42 AM

Coudn't resist:
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 07:51 AM

I like
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Coudn't resist:
That was a good one....

As I mentioned in my original post -

'I guess we all fit into a number of categories'

I thought it would be amusing and perhaps a little helpful to forum members?

This presentation arrived with many others and in fact I received two different versions.

I have no provenance but I am guessing that they were written by more than one person and perhaps compiled over a lengthy period of time?

Personally I thought they were interesting to read.

Please just take them with a pinch of salt.

The site however will not allow me to post the second one and I do not want to post it in two sections.

"C'est la vie"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-05-2013, 10:51 AM

I think the list is more suited to Facebook, of which I am not a member - so Pats is 'not' on the list
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 11:57 AM

I can see how this could deter some people from ever posting anything, the Author tries very hard to categorize members of forums and nobody really likes that, however I took it as a bit of fun.
Like it says Michael we are all one of the above and we'll never really know which type until someone else points it out to us, but I think we are all a bit more considerate and mature here to do that so we'll have to figure it out for ourselves, I think I'll slot into Robert's pompous old farts pigeon hole, although not so much pompous, more of a jolly old fart.

15 different types of forum members listed and if you're not included, make your protest now or forever hold your peace. Take 15 people sitting in a pub, in a room, or having a meeting for example, every one of those people are unique, the same applies anywhere in the world and it would be so boring and pointless if they all thought the same way, indeed I think that's the whole point of a forum, having different people posting different posts whenever they can, "All human life is there."
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-05-2013, 12:54 PM

Good post Jem - I think I made the point - as I am 'not' on the list
As 'know it all' IS on the list - 'HE' obviously came up with it
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2013, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
15 different types of forum members listed and if you're not included, make your protest now or forever hold your peace. Take 15 people sitting in a pub, in a room, or having a meeting for example, every one of those people are unique, the same applies anywhere in the world and it would be so boring and pointless if they all thought the same way, indeed I think that's the whole point of a forum, having different people posting different posts whenever they can, "All human life is there."
I don't think I am on the list either Pats (but I do recognise bits of myself in there)
I took the list as just a bit of fun and smiled. I didn't think of it as serious, but simply a humourous general observation (which is not necessarily accurately describing anyone specificially). I was a bit surprised to realise some folks took it a bit personally and thought it was nasty. Just goes to show how we are all different.
I think Gem is spot on in what says above.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-05-2013, 01:43 PM

See your point Rena - still say its more applicable to Facebook tho' as the 'majority' here - are sensible, give some thought - kinda people ...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top