Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
FayRose
Devon, UK
FayRose is female  FayRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2010, 07:19 PM

I don't bileeeeeve it

Have just discovered the frames we've made for my paintings for the exhibition starting early next week are .... the wrong size ...

That will teach me to go measuring frames after enjoying a few glasses of wonderful ozzie fizz.

Gutted
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2010, 07:28 PM

Re: I don't bileeeeeve it

Oh dear - hope you get them fixed in time
FayRose
Devon, UK
FayRose is female  FayRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2010, 07:31 PM

Too late Azz .... its too late ....
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2010, 07:39 PM

Are they too big or too small ? . . . . if they're too big you can always cut them smaller.
FayRose
Devon, UK

03-04-2010, 08:28 PM

Too ruddy big, horizontally Nero. Trouble is they are also painted with gilt and that's expensive, so limited, AND all sorts of fancy fixings have been applied.

Thanks for your ideas and kind thoughts anyway.

As the poem says .... gonna go in the garden an eat worms
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2010, 09:30 PM

Fay, I may be spouting gibberish here but surely if the frames are too big (And assuming we are not talking double the required size) the can you not mount your paintings on some white card (The size of the frames you have) and then mount that in the frames - it might not be a perfect solution but IMO it would look OK and you could always say it was a new 'trend' (To have a white border)

Of course if the error is a factor of 10 (i.e. you got the decimal point in the wrong place) then I agree you're up a creak without a paddle
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2010, 10:02 PM

That sounds like a good idea Losos
FayRose
Devon, UK

03-04-2010, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Fay, I may be spouting gibberish here but surely if the frames are too big (And assuming we are not talking double the required size) the can you not mount your paintings on some white card (The size of the frames you have) and then mount that in the frames - it might not be a perfect solution but IMO it would look OK and you could always say it was a new 'trend' (To have a white border)

Of course if the error is a factor of 10 (i.e. you got the decimal point in the wrong place) then I agree you're up a creak without a paddle
Nice idea, not gibberish at all ...
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2010, 10:12 AM

Can`t you just run out and buy some cheapie ones from Wilkinsons - and get mounts cut?
It`s the painting that matters, not the frame.
FayRose
Devon, UK

04-04-2010, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
Can`t you just run out and buy some cheapie ones from Wilkinsons - and get mounts cut?
It`s the painting that matters, not the frame.
Oh that I could, not enough time now, its handing day Tuesday morning and nowhere's open, being Easter.
OH, bless him has every tool he can find in use and is trying his best to re-jig things for me. What would I do without him?
..... AND its my birthday today.
Children and grandchildren coming over so they will, no doubt, have great fun hooting with laughter at the daft old lady.
Nothing like growing old disgracefully eh?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top