Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 10:26 PM

Re: Drama Out Front

That was a rhetorical question.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 11:08 PM

I don't have a problem twitching my curtains. I always think if someone is unsophisticated enough to row in the street, then I can be unsophisticated to watch from my window. Much better than TV sometimes.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That was a rhetorical question.
Thank goodness, I didn't want to have to research that.

All is well, and thankfully, I don't think they realized I was home. There are only five houses in the neighborhood so it was all kept relatively private. No harm, no foul...

Good to see the lights on in the house tonight and his car in the driveway. Even though they have likely kissed and made up, I also hope Psmith is right. I've had enough public displays for one day
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 06:27 AM

Your neighbours little drama reminded me of a similar drama whilst having lunch at my Sister in laws.... an almighty row next door resulted in the husband's clothes thrown out of an upstairs window ....it was a breezy day so a lot of them were hanging from trees and in other peoples gardens....the dispute escalated when the wife put her husband's car windows through with a lump hammer......it's amazing they made up....talk about drama ..

Glad yours ended peacefully
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 08:35 AM

It usually clears the air. (For a while)
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
It usually clears the air. (For a while)
Ha! Hi Plopps.....have to admit it was comical seeing the husband attempting to recover clothes hanging in trees and from neighbours gardens....eventually a windscreen replacement company turned up and replaced the car windows....an expensive bit of drama
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 09:55 AM

I think any new relationship/marriage has teething problems. I think it’s referred to as, ‘a learning curve’!

I have seen a few couples in supermarkets really rowing, one of them was a younger couple and he was really aggressive towards the woman. He was quite scary.

I have seen elderly couples, rowing in a supermarket and it’s usually the woman snapping at the poor old man!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 10:00 AM

The last bit of drama I witnessed from my window was when a couple were having a drunken argument in the early hours. Eventually, the young man's father arrived to drive him home but got a punch on the nose for his efforts.

Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Your neighbours little drama reminded me of a similar drama whilst having lunch at my Sister in laws.... an almighty row next door resulted in the husband's clothes thrown out of an upstairs window ....it was a breezy day so a lot of them were hanging from trees and in other peoples gardens....the dispute escalated when the wife put her husband's car windows through with a lump hammer......it's amazing they made up....talk about drama ..

Glad yours ended peacefully
A few years back, the woman across the road from me set her boyfriend's car on fire. It was completely burnt out.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 11:35 AM

Wonderful opportunity for a bit of fun!

If you happen to know his name send a letter along the lines of "had an awful time finding your new address, how could you just leave me and go off with THAT woman after all we've been through"

Need to pad it out a bit - but could be worth videoing what happens!

Alternatively as in The League of Gentlemen (TV series) an anonymous letter stating

"This is a local neighborhood for local people. We'll have no trouble here!

That's the nice thing about new neighbours. They can be no end of fun!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top