Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Nan
County Durham, UK
Nan is female 

02-01-2019, 07:00 PM

Re: Those 'Uplifting' Moments...

I found this story online - it happened back in Nov 2017 - but
it's the story itself that is important I think. To stay on the right side of copyright laws - I've only provided part of the story here and hope you will click the link at the end to read the rest of it as this story is very much a '2 way kindness' one.

------------------------

Kate McClure had never run out of gas before – so when she pushed the limits of her fuel light and found herself rolling to a stop outside of Philadelphia with an empty tank last month, she was nervous.

She was about to start hiking to the nearest gas station when Johnny wandered up to her.

Johnny, who is a homeless veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, asked McClure if she was okay.

“He saw me pull over and knew something was wrong,” says McClure. “He told me to get back in the car and lock the doors.”

A few minutes later, McClure saw the veteran returning to her car with a gas can in hand. Not only that, but he had used his last $20 to buy the fuel.

Please read on - https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/home...pays-100-fold/

Kudos to both of these people for this amazing story of '2 way' selflessness
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 07:24 PM

Yes,Nan...I read the full story and agree...kudos to them BOTH.

See? There ARE still some decent,caring people on this planet!
Nan
County Durham, UK
Nan is female 

07-01-2019, 02:17 PM

Here is a story I found on youtube

I've posted it here because it is thanks to the staff of a care home that this story could be shared and also because I'm sure that any dog lovers here will appreciate it for the 'uplifting' effect that this little dog has on the people it meets and greets each day

Doug Dawson works at a nursing home in Minnesota. One day, he brought his adorable teacup poodle, Nala, to work with him. Shortly after arriving, Nala started to do something surprising whenever she saw the residents. Just see for yourself…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmTL6QOB72g

Kudos to the little dog, it's owner and care home staff
Nan
County Durham, UK
Nan is female 

07-01-2019, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Yes,Nan...I read the full story and agree...kudos to them BOTH.

See? There ARE still some decent,caring people on this planet!
Yes there certainly are and homeless people are among them
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 03:15 PM

A story, not as dramatic as Pug and the stranger.

I was walking back from or local convenience store, I noticed the outside light was on at one of the bungalows near us. I knocked on the door to let the occupant know. She thanked me and invited me in. And my dog, Max sat down beside her wheel chair, gave her that soft look and a gentle pat on her knee. Her face just lit up.......

Our good deed for the day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 03:58 PM

What lovely heartwarming stories Nan, thanks for posting them
Nan
County Durham, UK
Nan is female 

07-01-2019, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
A story, not as dramatic as Pug and the stranger.

I was walking back from or local convenience store, I noticed the outside light was on at one of the bungalows near us. I knocked on the door to let the occupant know. She thanked me and invited me in. And my dog, Max sat down beside her wheel chair, gave her that soft look and a gentle pat on her knee. Her face just lit up.......

Our good deed for the day.
Hi Besoeker
The stories don't have to be 'dramatic' to be important to the people who benefit from kindness.

You and your dog uplifted that lady and brought a ray of sunshine into her day and that is what this thread is all about - kudos to you both and also to the lady- after all, she could have just said thank you and shut the door - but she responded to your kindness by inviting you both in
Nan
County Durham, UK
Nan is female 

07-01-2019, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
What lovely heartwarming stories Nan, thanks for posting them
Thank you Mags
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Nan ->
Hi Besoeker
The stories don't have to be 'dramatic' to be important to the people who benefit from kindness.

You and your dog uplifted that lady and brought a ray of sunshine into her day and that is what this thread is all about - kudos to you both and also to the lady- after all, she could have just said thank you and shut the door - but she responded to your kindness by inviting you both in
Thank you, Nan.
Made my day too. We are lucky to have the big friendly beast. Actually, he has been assessed and passed as a PAT dog. Pets As Therapy.

He is a handsome fellow but, for me, his best attribute is that he makes people smile.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 11:19 PM

Love this thread, hope it runs and runs

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top