Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 12:20 PM

Re: This house believes

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Please do, I can rebut everything you say.

Halal Slaughter allows prestunning, the animal is unconscious.

Kosher does not, the animal is fully awake and lucid when it's throat is cut.

In Kosher slaughter of cattle, the terrified animal is turned upside down, eyes rolling and kicking in terror, then to have it's throat cut.

I have worked in Slaughterhouses, as an Inspector,in the early days of my career and have seen hundreds of animals subject to Kosher Slaughter.
thats awful, the poor animals
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 12:27 PM

I think kosher and Halal are both wrong.... as is fishing.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think kosher and Halal are both wrong.... as is fishing.
Hi

By the same logic as fishing is wrong, keeping pets and horse riding is wrong.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 12:51 PM

Hi

Well may be depending on to what use a person puts their pets or horse to.

Not very many torture their pets, or horses while riding them - though horse racing is obscene, especially steeplechase races such as the Grand National.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 12:54 PM

Hi

It is unnatural to put birds in cages.

It is unnatural for horses to be ridden.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 01:16 PM

I have no objection to killing for food, and if we were all vegan those animals would never have been born.

My cats will kill mice they catch, but if those mice hadn't been caught eventually we would be overrun with them or they would die of starvation.

It is all about nature & survival of the fittest, so maybe the fish that get caught are not the fittest.

If a creature evolved that ate humans, maybe we would not be having worries about feeding ourselves, because there would be less of us & the weakest will have been eaten.

We can all have opinions on who should die & who shouldn't, but isn't it just life?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I have no objection to killing for food, and if we were all vegan those animals would never have been born.

My cats will kill mice they catch, but if those mice hadn't been caught eventually we would be overrun with them or they would die of starvation.

It is all about nature & survival of the fittest, so maybe the fish that get caught are not the fittest.

If a creature evolved that ate humans, maybe we would not be having worries about feeding ourselves, because there would be less of us & the weakest will have been eaten.

We can all have opinions on who should die & who shouldn't, but isn't it just life?
It has always puzzled me why things are put on this earth to only be eaten by something else, just doesn't make any sense to me.

If a creature evolved that ate humans, omg can you imagine. Saying that though, there are cannibals here already!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 01:20 PM

Hi

Please do, I can rebut everything you say.

Halal Slaughter allows prestunning, the animal is unconscious.

Kosher does not, the animal is fully awake and lucid when it's throat is cut.

In Kosher slaughter of cattle, the terrified animal is turned upside down, eyes rolling and kicking in terror, then to have it's throat cut.

I have worked in Slaughterhouses, as an Inspector,in the early days of my career and have seen hundreds of animals subject to Kosher Slaughter.
Shackling and hoisting of beasts was insisted on --- in the USA in order to prevent the beast falling into blood.

Here a beast to be slaughterer for the kosher market must not be subjected to pain or distress and certainly not inverted.

Fact.

The dispatch of a beast by the shochet, a very highly trained slaughter man is strictly defined and very carefully conducted to ensure that the beast experiences the very least distress or discomfort and the time from start of cut to unconsciousness is a matter of seconds and because of the razor sharpness of the knife less than the feeling of pain to kick in.

Anyone who has experienced a cut from a very sharp blade knows that it usually takes a few seconds for the sensation to hit home after the cut.

Halal killing, that's a whole different matter. As long as there's an Inman or somewhere present any Tom Dick or Abdul can do the deed. There's not the same care taken over the blade nor how long the blade is. Unlike kosher slaughtering several cuts can be made to hack through the poor beasts neck. The very worst slaughtering that I EVER saw was the killing of sheep à la halal. Horrific doesn't even begin to describe it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 01:33 PM

Hi

so we should not have teazle then???? She should be left to roam the streets and risk being hit by a car. You make me xxxxxxxx
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 01:37 PM

Hi

I don't agree with horse riding either. I have pets but I don't stick hooks in their mouths and drag them around the house.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top