Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 10:09 PM

Re: David McGreavy

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I read this in the Daily Mail earlier and l felt sickened by it.

What l did notice, was how young McGreavy looked for 67. Thus proving, prison life must be like a pampering holiday.
That's probably genetics.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 08:47 AM

This wretched individual I can’t call him human, allowed freedom with conditions is a national disgrace, in his case life should mean life.
I watched the mother last night on the television ..still unable to come to terms with the death of her children ..what mother could is now frightened he may turn up at her doorstep.
My heart went out to her .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 08:54 AM

He should serve three full life sentences a minimum of 25 years each...bastard that he is
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
He should serve three full life sentences a minimum of 25 years each...bastard that he is
I would agree with you summer, but the cost of doing this for all murderers is where the problem occurs. It would cost a minimum of £3,562,500 to do that for him & with 5,500 people also serving a life sentence for murder ( and that increases at the rate of 300 per year), if you do the calculations you will find why no government wants to keep them in for life.

I don't mind paying my taxes, but I object to them being used to keep killers locked up for life, when capital punishment would be a better option for those who's actions have been proved.
This year we will spend £262 million just keeping killers under life sentences, and that is a minimum quote, as many need more than just bed and lodgings & prison officers!
I wonder how many children's lives could be improved with that money?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 09:43 AM

In this sort of case l think the criminal should be disposed
of by putting them in a gas chamber cell and sedated to
death at an undetermined time by random choice!
No chance of release then!

Regards Donkeyman!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 10:30 AM

Just Googled him.

And got two surprises.

First he only got a 20 year tariff.

The second which is more interesting, He has been In prison for nearly 50 years so looks like he was too dangerous to be released after 20 years.

So why now?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
This wretched individual I can’t call him human, allowed freedom with conditions is a national disgrace, in his case life should mean life.
I watched the mother last night on the television ..still unable to come to terms with the death of her children ..what mother could is now frightened he may turn up at her doorstep.
My heart went out to her .
No chance he will turn up on her doorstep.

Setting out the conditions for his release, the Minister for Justice, Rory Stewart, in a letter to Walker said: ‘Mr McGreavy will be subject to a robust risk management plan under the supervision of the NPS (National Probation Service). ‘I can confirm that he has an exclusion zone of Andover in Hampshire, and parts of Worcester. ‘Mr McGreavy will on release be required to wear an electronic GPS tag, using satellite tracking technology, to monitor whether he breaches the exclusion zones. ‘If he does breach the exclusion zone, the monitoring system will immediately flag this to the supervision team, thereby ensuring that immediate consideration can be given to a recall to prison
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
No chance he will turn up on her doorstep.

Setting out the conditions for his release, the Minister for Justice, Rory Stewart, in a letter to Walker said: ‘Mr McGreavy will be subject to a robust risk management plan under the supervision of the NPS (National Probation Service). ‘I can confirm that he has an exclusion zone of Andover in Hampshire, and parts of Worcester. ‘Mr McGreavy will on release be required to wear an electronic GPS tag, using satellite tracking technology, to monitor whether he breaches the exclusion zones. ‘If he does breach the exclusion zone, the monitoring system will immediately flag this to the supervision team, thereby ensuring that immediate consideration can be given to a recall to prison

OK so that's alright then

He can move down to Cornwall and kill someone else's Children
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->

I agree galty, If the authorities are so good at assessing people for release from prison, how come many of them go out & commit similar crimes?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->

Do you think this man is going to be wandering the streets of Anytown ,Anycounty looking for children to kill and before you jump on me I’m not defending him or the parole board . He pleaded guilty and gave the reason he killed ? He wasn’t out seeking them ?

The man’s been locked away for 40 yrs ,how is he going to even begin to adjust to the outside world ? The answer to that will be as outlined in the parole release terms and not wandering the streets .

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top