Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 05:17 AM

Fruit salad.

Does anyone else like this simple but refreshing dish?

I made a huge one yesterday - sufficient to last all week - it has fresh Strawberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Melon, Mango, Apple, Pineapple, Pear, Cherries, Plums, to which I added a tin of Mandarin Oranges. Delicious!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 07:04 AM

Re: Fruit salad.

mmm, where is the Ice Cream Tabs.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 07:18 AM

I love fruit salad too Tabs....mine goes soggy if I keep it overnight though I must do something wrong.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
mmm, where is the Ice Cream Tabs.
Setting in the freezer!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 08:28 AM

I occasionally make a fruit salad, my grandchildren love a fruit platter, slices of pineapple/melon/mango/kiwi/bunches of grapes.
It is empty in seconds also expensive to make but my son gives me a small allowance each month to help cover the cost of all the cooking and baking I do.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 08:43 AM

I like a bit of kiwi fruit in mine and a squirt of lemon juice.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 10:56 AM

Yummy, Love the sound of your fruit salad. I do quite a few during the summer months. Here is my all time favourite dressing which I use for every fruit salad.

DRESSING
5.3oz low-fat vanilla Yoghurt (I use Muller but any will do as long as Vanilla)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon poppyseeds

FRUIT SALAD (This is the one I usually do)

1 small pineapple (to ensure fresh and juicy pull the top leaf off, if it comes away easily, it’s nice and ripe. If not, not ripe enough for fruit salad
½ honeydew melon
3 tablespoons red seedless grapes
2 juicy easy peelers pitted and cubed
1 black or red plum
2 tablespoons blueberries
Fresh Mint for decoration.

Put the Vanilla yoghurt, lemon zest, lemon juice and poppyseeds into a bowl. Stir with a hand whisk to combine.

Add the fruit to the dressing. Toss gently with a spatula to coat the fruit with the yoghurt dressing. Pour into your favourite fruit salad serving dish, Garnish with a few mint leaves

Never needed to add sugar as I find the vanilla yoghurt is all the sweetness needed.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 11:10 AM

When I am feeling very good I chop the fruit into a bowl and pour a little diet ginger ale over it & let it chill in the fridge.
Sadly I forget my good intentions & put ice cream on it before I eat it!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 11:53 AM

I love fruit on it's own but fruit salad only if it's topped off with about three scoops of ice cream and a large dollop of fresh whipped cream.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 01:04 PM

I love fruit salad ,these have me really tempted.
lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top