Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2013, 04:09 AM

Re: Are you really Middle Class?

Bruce, nobody should feel guilt over that. Luck is luck, whether good or bad.

My post reads like a litany of woes, which I didn't intend, so to balance it a bit let me add that I feel extremely lucky to have my 3 girls. It was only after 10 years of infertility workups that we were able to have success through IVF (in-vitro fertilization, aka test tube babies). I've also had jobs I loved, good friends and family, many experiences that have taught me to appreciate both the simple and the wonderful things in life. And life goes on.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2013, 05:19 AM

Re: Are you really Middle Class?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
When I read this I felt sad and guilty. I always remember the opening of the film "The Natural" which goes something like, "Things always came easily to him". That would describe my life, I have worked or not worked as it suited me and while never rich I have always earned well above average wages and now in retirement I live a very happy, comfortable life.

When I read your story, it again made me realise how lucky I have been all my life. Some people do it really tough.
I'm much like bruce - only child, good education, long career in teaching, comfortable retirement. I have had a couple of ups and downs relationship-wise, as has Bruce, but nothing compared with your difficulties. So I too feel I have been very lucky and feel very sorry for what has happened to you. You do sound like a strong woman and I hope it only gets better for you. At least you know you have strong support around you.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top