Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 02:20 AM

Re: Random acts of kindness

Hi all... I haven't been on the forum in a while. My OH and I lost our business and house a few months back. He is having a tough time living on the street in this winter weather with just a backpack and bedroll and a little cash left from selling his tools. He calls it "urban camping". I'm 3 hours away from him, living with my daughter and we both still have cell phones so we text each other for now.

Yesterday he told me he bought another homeless guy a coffee and a bagel because he still has a few dollars and the other fellow looked pretty badly off. Brought tears to my eyes.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 08:53 AM

Hi Annie Jack Im sad to hear your news ....
But isnt that the true meaning of giving when you give all you have rather than what you can afford to give? I hope you both get sorted with a place to stay together soon
All my love to both of you xxx
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 02:00 PM

Nice to meet you Annie..
Sincere best wishes to you and hubby, hope there is a happy resolution - very soon x
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 02:01 PM

Annie that is so very thoughtful of him, he sounds like a lovely man. I remember your troubles and I am so sorry that your partner is living on the streets.
Are there no charities that can help with a meal and shelter for the night? I'm so sorry to hear of your plight and I hope things work out for you soon.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Annie that is so very thoughtful of him, he sounds like a lovely man. I remember your troubles and I am so sorry that your partner is living on the streets.
Are there no charities that can help with a meal and shelter for the night? I'm so sorry to hear of your plight and I hope things work out for you soon.
Yes, there is a shelter where he could go, but he's not ready to try it yet.... that's a mental hurdle I'm afraid. The one remarkable change is in his mood and attitude. He's gone from being stressed, depressed and angry much of the time to much more relaxed, giving, and forgiving. This, when his focus is on getting a meal and maybe a smoke, all his possessions in a backpack and he's sleeping outdoors. Up til last weekend he was able to sleep on his sister's sofa and she'd have let him stay but he felt he was wearing out his welcome. He made me promise not to keep asking if he's warm enough or has a place to sleep but of course I worry and I miss him so much. We're staying positive and hoping the warmer weather comes soon. It's easy to count your blessings when you don't have much. Thanks all for the kind words.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top