Join for free
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2013, 11:46 AM

Councillor resigned over comment

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...ildren-resigns

He should be put down! What about the money he got from the tax payers for being their councillor! Disgraceful.

Not sure where to post this, so please Mods, move it to the appropriate board
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2013, 12:03 PM

Re: Councillor resigned over comment

I am not a voilent person but I could easily slap him. Then let him tell my great niece she is a drain on society or my Niece that she is too, how dare he !!
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

28-02-2013, 12:44 PM

I think I would have dismembered his dangly bits and tied them tightly around his neck if he had made that comment in my hearing!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2013, 01:08 PM

I would join you, Julie.

Good one, Willow!

I bet he will have to go into hiding now!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2013, 03:39 PM

Yes I seen that on the news over here, he was "Trying to provoke a debate", what a savage way to do it, stupid man, that's the end of him in politics thank God, lucky he was found out before he rose in the ranks, imagine him with real power.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2013, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Yes I seen that on the news over here, he was "Trying to provoke a debate", what a savage way to do it, stupid man, that's the end of him in politics thank God, lucky he was found out before he rose in the ranks, imagine him with real power.
Agree with that Jem - back to morals - ethics, its a 'must' in politics..
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2013, 05:08 PM

What I dont get is he said this 18 months ago, and its only just surfaced.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2013, 08:49 PM

There are those who believe that Eugenics is the way forward for the human race and the fundamentalist among them would agree with him. Maybe the councillor is one of them.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
There are those who believe that Eugenics is the way forward for the human race and the fundamentalist among them would agree with him. Maybe the councillor is one of them.
I've met a couple of people who subscribe to that - they see it as a way of 'breeding out' imperfections in the human race - which, if I'm honest, I don't fully understand the logic of that.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 11:42 AM

I suppose at it's worst Hitler tried to put it into practice by his master race theory and ridding the world of people with physical and mental imperfections.
The science is also used to detect certain genetic imperfections in a foetus thus giving the mother the option to abort.
It's how far genetic engineering is allowed to be used that is a cause for concern.
Some who hold with the extreme views of eugenics think that babies born with disabilities should be euthanised.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top