Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 09:18 PM

Is the UK becoming more corrupt ?

What with politicians, the clergy, police, entertainers and bankers, is the moral tone deteriorating ?
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 09:44 PM

Re: Is the UK becoming more corrupt ?

Dont forget the internet ... door sellers andf post scams
nothing is safe any more
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 10:26 PM

I don't think there is any more corruption that there has ever been. It's just that with the internet and digital TV etc, news travels quicker and gets to more people.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 10:30 PM

It probably is down to wider access to information. Corrupt officials have always existed. I want to think that there is moral decline but I do a reasonable amount of historical reading and know that it has always gone on. Maybe we just don't hear enough of the good stuff to offset the bad so it sways us into thinking it's more of a problem than it used to be.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 10:37 PM

Maybe we are getting very good at catching them out, they always seem to make a mistake in the end.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Maybe we are getting very good at catching them out, they always seem to make a mistake in the end.
Thinking about it - maybe our expectations are higher so the bar has been raised on what is and isn't permissable and human nature just hasn't caught up yet.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 10:45 PM

Like has been said I think it's harder for them now than ever before not to be found out, they have to be always on their guard and like the rotten lot they are when they are found out they turn on each other, greed and power is the driving force of all politicians.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 11:15 PM

Yes, I think this country is more corrupt. It's not just the politicians, but the NHS and BBC - two of the bastions of this society.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 07:52 AM

How many observers of this corrupt behaviour can take the moral high ground, only because they themselves are not in a position of power or wealth. The true percentage of a population that would rise above such shortcommings could only be assessed if the social structure was a level playing field, if this were ever possible, only then would the bottom line be found.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 08:57 AM

Today we suspect everyone, so they become under the spyglass immediately, myself I had to go through a CRB check to work with vulnerable adults,
Sadly it has become a very necessary thing to do, it stops sex offenders getting in positions that is tempting to them, but it only works if folks are brave enough to speak out, Saville case a good example.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top