Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 11:11 AM

Re: Time Travel

It would be so tempting wouldn't it Pats
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 11:45 AM

I'd be 'off - like a shot gal' - Whooooosh
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 11:47 AM

If'd quite like to go back to the '60's, but only if I could go as a teenager knowing what I know now! There's be no point going back as a 65 year old.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 11:51 AM

You're right Mick - never thought of that You've burst me bubble now.....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Julie - would you travel back to those times to see if your perception of them is accurate - and if it was, would you stay or return to your own time?
Depends if my family came with me we could stay there but I wouldn't want to leave my husband and family here and go alone.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

05-03-2013, 12:41 PM

What about if it gave you the chance to change a course of events that would have a negative impact (also bearing in mind the butterfly effect of course) - would you choose to attempt a change or leave things as they are? What about a peek at your favourite time in history? I should add - you can travel back as and when you want, you won't be stuck there!
I don't think I would want try to change anything. My husband's brain haemorrhage, which has left him with only half a usuable brain was obviously a BIG negative in our lives. Sometimes I think it would have been kinder to him if he hadn't survived, as he can't do anything of a scholastic nature, which is his greatest love. But I don't think going back and putting a pillow over his face, whilst he was in a coma, would have been a particularly good idea, although tempting at the time.

I have no favourite time in history, my least favourite subject at school, even though I did get a school prize in it once, among my other school prizes, they must have been desperate!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 12:42 PM

If time travel was possible, what time would you like to travel to and why? What would you like to achieve (if anything)? Would you choose to be a participant or an observer?
What do you mean "IF time travel was possible"? You have obviously never ridden an exercise bike. Get on one of those and time slows down and life stretches out interminably before you.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 12:59 PM

Id like to go back to the begining of time and see which theory is right ...
Id also like to go to cathar times and live a little french history....
Id like to see the history of my house so would go back one year for 200 years and see who lived there and when it was built
Yes also the 60's and all the music festivals
Infact Id be popping in and out of the dam machine that much my head would be spinning
Although I expect in time Ryan air would get it and rip us all off until we couldnt afford to take any more trips
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

05-03-2013, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What do you mean "IF time travel was possible"? You have obviously never ridden an exercise bike. Get on one of those and time slows down and life stretches out interminably before you.
What a good description of riding an exercise bike!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by bruce ->
what do you mean "if time travel was possible"? You have obviously never ridden an exercise bike. Get on one of those and time slows down and life stretches out interminably before you.
or live in a flat below someone with a rowing machine has much the same effect on time we find.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top