Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 03:39 PM

Re: Time Travel

Time travel is already with us, get on a train and it takes you into the future, mind you you don't know what time it will get you too.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 04:15 PM

Most certainly go back in time. Not interested in the future too much, too much technology and too quickly over the past few years, so it puts me off.
A day here and there in different decades, different centuries.
Elizabethan times and see the Golden Hind, try and catch Jack the Ripper, the middle ages to see the clothing for real, 1066 to see the battle between Harold and William ... more recent, to see what the farm was like before our house was built, ve day to join in the celebrations ... just so
much to see.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 04:30 PM

I would like to travel back to 1952, to see the face of my paternal grandmother. She died when I was young. I have a picture of her up in my head and would like to see if she has the face that I think I remember. I can still feel her love.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 04:36 PM

Mall - what a lovely thing to say...
Touched my liddle heart - what you said there...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What do you mean "IF time travel was possible"? You have obviously never ridden an exercise bike. Get on one of those and time slows down and life stretches out interminably before you.
Oh I know that feeling Bruce - only too well
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Id like to go back to the begining of time and see which theory is right ...
Id also like to go to cathar times and live a little french history....
Id like to see the history of my house so would go back one year for 200 years and see who lived there and when it was built
Yes also the 60's and all the music festivals
Infact Id be popping in and out of the dam machine that much my head would be spinning
Although I expect in time Ryan air would get it and rip us all off until we couldnt afford to take any more trips
BIB - yep, that would be me too

I like the bit about going back to the beginning of time just to see what really did happen - wouldn't that be fantastic.

I was fortunate enough to see the history of my house! It was built in 1830 and I went to see a slide show of Old Isle of Man and you could have knocked me down with a feather when my house popped up on the screen! Only as a scene of undeveloped areas at that time (there was just my house and one other over the roa (which is still there as well) and there was no road - just a dirt track) but even so, it was quite a surprise.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

05-03-2013, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Most certainly go back in time. Not interested in the future too much, too much technology and too quickly over the past few years, so it puts me off.
A day here and there in different decades, different centuries.
Elizabethan times and see the Golden Hind, try and catch Jack the Ripper, the middle ages to see the clothing for real, 1066 to see the battle between Harold and William ... more recent, to see what the farm was like before our house was built, ve day to join in the celebrations ... just so
much to see.
you're braver than I am
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2013, 07:42 AM

Interestingly no one would go back to check out any religious figure to see if they truly existed, and did what has been claimed.

Dark ages for me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2013, 08:26 AM

To travel to any past or future "Time" would mean you would still be within this dimension, like a goldfish in a bowl. Surely it would be more fun to jump to another dimension, and look back at this one, to see what's going on.
I don't think I would like to make this jump, so any volunteers
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2013, 09:36 AM

I'd like to go back to 65 and see if it's as I remember it and how it turned out.
Or got back to the late 30s and meet maternal Grandad who died fore I was born but who I resemble both in looks and nature apparently, and where my love of dogs comes from.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top