Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 06:53 PM

Re: Man's Only Natural Predator

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I also remember the report from the Department of Health that randomly tested carrots in various supermarkets and found that, on average, 7 pesticides were found on and in each carrot that was tested...
There's a mild debate in this house... my daughter and I scrape carrots but her husband would rather we just scrub them before boiling or roasting. Seems it won't make a difference.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
There's a mild debate in this house... my daughter and I scrape carrots but her husband would rather we just scrub them before boiling or roasting. Seems it won't make a difference.
My daughter doesn't remove the skin/peel from most things whereas I'll remove the lot because of pesticides but, as you say, it makes little difference if the skin is thin as it chemicals are absorbed into the plant anyway.

On the news this morning, it seems even the morning glass of orange juice is killing you! I would suggest only consuming water but given what's added to that, we're not left with a lot are we ...
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 12:57 PM

Taken from Aerolor's post:

“MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) is a type of bacterial infection that is resistant to a number of widely used antibiotics. This means it can be more difficult to treat than other bacterial infections.

Staphylococcus aureus (also known as staph) is a common type of bacteria. It is often carried on the skin, inside the nostrils and the throat and can cause mild infections of the skin, such as boils and impetigo.
If staph bacteria get into a break in the skin, they can cause life-threatening infections, such as blood poisoning or endocarditis (an infection of the inner lining of the heart).

I contracted Staph-Aureus blood poisoning from a nurse who treated my operation wound without first washing her hands. Discharged from one hospital on Monday, admitted to another on Wednesday, fighting for my life.

I was put on a course of antibiotics which took a hell of a time to work, (I thought I was in hospital for a week, my wife assures me it was three), and still I felt absolute crap when I was discharged. My GP continued with the medication for another two months, before I was feeling anywhere near normal.

Whether this was MRSA or not I don't know, but the doses I was given were massive, so I'm told. So there are two sides to every coin.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 08:40 PM

Sorry to hear of your illness Fogey. Did the nurse not wear gloves when treating your wound? You obviously badly needed the large doses of antibiotic and I hope you are fully recovered now.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 09:10 PM

No she didn't Aerolor, even though at the entrance to the ward it said barrier nursing only, and yes, I'm fully recovered now, thank you.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 11:40 PM

I think it was bound to happen sooner or later, they were being handed out like smarties by doctors, but I'm not blaming them. Like Mick I haven't been to the doctor in many years thank God, the last time I went up with an ear infection he was telling me off for not going to him more regularly, I thought it would be a compliment to him that I wasn't going regularly, you know what I mean, he was doing a good job with no comebacks on his work, now I'm beginning to think he was more concerned about his books, I know people who go up to him nearly everyday whether there's something wrong with them or not, "Doctor can you give me the same thing you gave me last month for me leg." etc...
You explained it very well Rena, as usual.
I keep changing the brand of mouthwash I use every few months, I rotate them, I used to get the feeling when using the same brand all the time it was getting weaker, then when I started changing I got that strong tingle again, that's only my experience of course and it's only a mouthwash.
I think the body has built in healing powers and these should be used as much as possible, they have a tough job on now finding new antibiotics but they must have known it would come to this eventually.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
My daughter doesn't remove the skin/peel from most things whereas I'll remove the lot because of pesticides but, as you say, it makes little difference if the skin is thin as it chemicals are absorbed into the plant anyway.

On the news this morning, it seems even the morning glass of orange juice is killing you! I would suggest only consuming water but given what's added to that, we're not left with a lot are we ...

Vodka Karen darlin'????
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500165_162-6197493.html

God what can you eat nowadays ??

Chocolate??? Baggy darlin'

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top