Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 08:23 AM

At Last Some Good News

It would appear that the plans for a "Minimum" alcohol unit price have been shelved, for once common sense has prevailed, and for me personally, it means I can still afford food.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 08:47 AM

Re: At Last Some Good News

When I saw your title of the post I thought I hope its about the abandonment of the minimum unit price of alcohol.
Yippee. I will still be able to go into the city on Friday night and
stagger around with the kids. Not of course
Good job they did as the reasonable drinkers like myself would be
crucified just because the idiots cant control themselves.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 09:06 AM

Cheap booze should be stopped, people who don't drink are subsidizing the boozers, that is not fair.
because the supermarkets slash booze they then put their losses on the food, let's get real food is more important than booze.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 09:10 AM

Good morning Wrinkly, there is a saying "no market, no sale".
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

13-03-2013, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It would appear that the plans for a "Minimum" alcohol unit price have been shelved, for once common sense has prevailed, and for me personally, it means I can still afford food.
What a sad comment, even if it was meant as a joke!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 09:51 AM

It has only been kicked out because of those boozy MP's don't like it.
Michael Gove, Teresa May, and others, you know those with the purple noses.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 04:37 PM

Good news. I can carry on soaking my dried fruit in brandy and making my fruit and cinnamon scones, combining both booze and food
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 04:46 PM

If people want to buy alcohol they will do so anyway whatever the price. It won't change anything. All it will do is to unfairly penalise responsible drinkers.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 07:23 PM

The idiots in the Scottish government still seem intent of punishing drinkers with a minimum of 50p / unit levy. This is the main strategy of the SNP - punish everyone for everything - some of them are bound to be guilty!

Still, Scots who live near the border will benefit, and I will stock up when I visit the girls in England. Mean time, I'm getting the home brew started again.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 07:45 PM

I'm not a Drinker, I like it....but it doesn't like me. I get very sick very quick if I even have one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top